Our Daughter had arranged to go to a concert with friends in Newcastle and we decided to make a weekend of it and travel up so we could take her in the car. What a wonderful place this was, our daughter tells us that the malmaison chain was originally founded by Mick Hucknall of Simply Red.
What stood out most is that, although this is clearly a contemporary idea, we didnt feel like oldies in the place and there was a general air of respect both with the staff and other clientelle. It wasn't cheap but was such a wonderful surprise.
In our eagerness to get into Newcastle and take a look around we arrived at the hotel early. The maitre'd was wonderful, he took our luggage and told us it would be kept securely until our room was ready and then they would be taken up and left there. When we returned from our afternoon out we found he had been as good as his word, there was even a compliments note.
As we had had a long day we decided to eat here on our first evening; although not extensive, the menu had a good choice for all palates and the food was excellent. I would not be surprised if people come here just to eat. Again the atmosphere was unique, almost serene, clearly a lot of thought has gone into the ambience.
all in all a wonderful visit and we are now looking at a trip to edinburgh and a stay in the malmaison there, later in the year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fog on the Tyne? Let's hope not. Otherwise you'll miss the great view of the Tyne Bridge you get from our hotel in Newcastle city centre. But then, when you're staying at Malmaison Newcastle, it's the views on the inside that tell you your boat's come in. While you're right at the heart of Newcastle's great shops and exciting nightlife, the lure of MALBAR's legendary cocktails and the Mal Brasserie's classic dishes with a twist is pretty strong. And who wants to spend all night out on the town when one hotel in Newcastle has a whole floor with a shipbuilding theme and bathtubs you could sink a battleship in? It could only be the Newcastle Mal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Malmaison Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Upon Tyne