This was our choice for the last hotel on a weeks trek across the country from Workington to Tynemouth. We fancied a little bit of luxury in our old hometown. We were not disappointed!
The decor is chic and quirky in the public areas - although the dimmed lights were a little too low perhaps! Staff were friendly (as you'd expect in the North East) and very helpful when needed. You can ask for free milk instead of those nasty little cartons and the coffee in the rooms is a filter bag brand rather than instant.
Rooms are comfortable with heating and cooling, plenty of pillows, tea/coffee making, mini-bar, DVD player and both wired and wi-fi internet access.
We visited the on-site restaurant both evenings as the weather was poor and we were tired. There is also a bar which attracts non-residents as much as guests, there are great views of the Millennium Bridge and parts of the Quayside from the bar - great for people watching inside and out.
The hotel is dog friendly except for the restaurant (and spa/gym I'd guess although we did not use these as we'd had enough exercise on our trek). They will also provide dog beds and bowls for a small fee.
It can get a little noisy if you sleep with windows open (or if there are inconsiderate guests on your floor) as this is an area with good night life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fog on the Tyne? Let's hope not. Otherwise you'll miss the great view of the Tyne Bridge you get from our hotel in Newcastle city centre. But then, when you're staying at Malmaison Newcastle, it's the views on the inside that tell you your boat's come in. While you're right at the heart of Newcastle's great shops and exciting nightlife, the lure of MALBAR's legendary cocktails and the Mal Brasserie's classic dishes with a twist is pretty strong. And who wants to spend all night out on the town when one hotel in Newcastle has a whole floor with a shipbuilding theme and bathtubs you could sink a battleship in? It could only be the Newcastle Mal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Malmaison Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Upon Tyne