I travelled with a pal to Malmaison, Quayside, Newcastle on 4 January 2012. This was booked through Thomas Cook Sport as part of a package (match ticket/hotel).
The Hotel is very nice, good location on the quayside next to the Milennium Bridge and about a 10 min walk from the railway station.
On arrival the male Receptionist was very 'frosty and robotic' to say the least, Vey little information was given regarding Hotel facilities, services or 'would we be dining' etc.
We were in room 419 which was an executive twin - nice big room with a side view of the Tyne. The bed (2 doubles) were very comfy and the pillows to die for. The rainfall shower was good but could have been higher as I am 6' and my head was literally scraping the top.
Breakfast was nicely laid out and the 'hot menu' is freshly cooked for you. Again the service was very average and plates soon built up at the side of the table which staff took there time to clear away.
On checking out I had a disagreement regarding the charge for room upgrade (long story) whereby the same male receptionist got himself in a real tangle, was very unprofessional and his usual robotic self. The charge was eventually waived despite it being obvious it was a communication problem between Thomas Cook/Malmaison.
In summary, nice Hotel, good location, nice rooms, good food but very very average staff (receptionist and waiters).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fog on the Tyne? Let's hope not. Otherwise you'll miss the great view of the Tyne Bridge you get from our hotel in Newcastle city centre. But then, when you're staying at Malmaison Newcastle, it's the views on the inside that tell you your boat's come in. While you're right at the heart of Newcastle's great shops and exciting nightlife, the lure of MALBAR's legendary cocktails and the Mal Brasserie's classic dishes with a twist is pretty strong. And who wants to spend all night out on the town when one hotel in Newcastle has a whole floor with a shipbuilding theme and bathtubs you could sink a battleship in? It could only be the Newcastle Mal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Malmaison Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Upon Tyne