We have just had another great stay at the Mal Newcastle, this time we were given a high room which had great views down the Tyne, we stayed on the Friday night rate which included a 2 course meal and wine. The food was excellent and the service from the staff was friendly and attentive.
We like the Mals bar and the ambience in there (bring back Peroni please!)
Ideally located on the Quay. Its a 10 minute walk to the city centre. We had our breakfast at a little jewell of a place called QUAY INGREDIENT on Queen st. (walk down the Quay, turn up right under the Tyne bridge by the side of the Premier Inn and its up there on the left) Its a small place run by a friendly young couple trying to build their business by food quality and attention to detail, go there its great!
We will be back to the Mal as soon as we can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fog on the Tyne? Let's hope not. Otherwise you'll miss the great view of the Tyne Bridge you get from our hotel in Newcastle city centre. But then, when you're staying at Malmaison Newcastle, it's the views on the inside that tell you your boat's come in. While you're right at the heart of Newcastle's great shops and exciting nightlife, the lure of MALBAR's legendary cocktails and the Mal Brasserie's classic dishes with a twist is pretty strong. And who wants to spend all night out on the town when one hotel in Newcastle has a whole floor with a shipbuilding theme and bathtubs you could sink a battleship in? It could only be the Newcastle Mal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Malmaison Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Upon Tyne