We stayed 2 nights during the early May Bank Holiday. Dark coloured 'common parts' but the rooms are lovely and light. We paid £350 for 2 nights bed and breakfast, we didn't have dinner as we were 'out and about' but the menu looked interesting and varied. breakfast was excellent, even a fresh honeycomb to dig into! Staff were very efficient and friendly and are to be commended. The bar on the first floor was light and overlooked the Tyne. Lots of sofas and large chairs to crash into. early evening drinks were quiet and restrained, late night cocktails were v lively and full of exceptionally well (under?) dressed 'bright young things' clearly having a great time. The room was double aspect, side and back, and on the 5th floor, which was higher than the multi storey car park so didn't affect our light. It was well furnished with a sofa a 2 TVs and a well appointed bathroom with good quality smelly things for the bath etc. Easy walking distance from all the Quayside bars and restaurants, and an easy (ten minutes) walk to the city centre shopping up the hill. Parking is free in the car park at the back.
Our three sons (one at the University) looked pretty trashed both mornings, so I guess they also had a good time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fog on the Tyne? Let's hope not. Otherwise you'll miss the great view of the Tyne Bridge you get from our hotel in Newcastle city centre. But then, when you're staying at Malmaison Newcastle, it's the views on the inside that tell you your boat's come in. While you're right at the heart of Newcastle's great shops and exciting nightlife, the lure of MALBAR's legendary cocktails and the Mal Brasserie's classic dishes with a twist is pretty strong. And who wants to spend all night out on the town when one hotel in Newcastle has a whole floor with a shipbuilding theme and bathtubs you could sink a battleship in? It could only be the Newcastle Mal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Malmaison Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Upon Tyne