Stayed here recently for a friend's wedding, and I have to say the location was perfect as the reception was just over the other side of the Millennium Bridge. The decor is sumptuous, if a little dark, and our room was a good size, with a fabulous sized bed but no view.
The requested travel cot was provided with a sheet and towel for the little one, and all the staff were friendly and helpful.
My only negative comment would be the staffing levels at breakfast - they seemed surprised that everyone squeaked into breakfast at the last possible moment the morning after a wedding that they were well aware was happening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fog on the Tyne? Let's hope not. Otherwise you'll miss the great view of the Tyne Bridge you get from our hotel in Newcastle city centre. But then, when you're staying at Malmaison Newcastle, it's the views on the inside that tell you your boat's come in. While you're right at the heart of Newcastle's great shops and exciting nightlife, the lure of MALBAR's legendary cocktails and the Mal Brasserie's classic dishes with a twist is pretty strong. And who wants to spend all night out on the town when one hotel in Newcastle has a whole floor with a shipbuilding theme and bathtubs you could sink a battleship in? It could only be the Newcastle Mal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Malmaison Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Upon Tyne