Stayed here with my husband, to celebrate my 50th birthday. This was a birthday surprise! Check in quick and efficient, up to room 622, with a view of the Gateshead Millenium bridge. Room spotless, bathroom had rainfall shower cubicle and the deepest bath I have ever found in a hotel bathroom! Yummy toiletries in the bathroom.
Some reviewers have said their bed was very hard. Ours was perfect!
We didn't have an evening meal in the hotel but we overheard some visitors complaining that, unless they had pasta as part of an DBB package, anything else was extra.
Went to the bar, which overlooked the bridge. Lovely large plush sofas, but the price of the drinks was eye-watering. Double gin and tonic and a bottle of coke = £11. Make it last ..... but you do get some complimentary peanuts ;)
Back to the corridors .... carpets and walls purple. Obviously bought a job lot of paint! Life annoucements in French, so unless you keep an eye on the display you are in danger of stepping out at the wrong 'etage'
Breakfast ..... average I thought. Cooked breakfast available but has to be ordered. Poor selection of cereals. Service slow, which looked like a lack of staff rather than them being on a go-slow. Table for two quite small when a teapot and toast is added!
Husband wouldn't tell me how much it cost, but I suspect it wasn't cheap, so I can't comment on value for money.
Would I go back ....... yes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fog on the Tyne? Let's hope not. Otherwise you'll miss the great view of the Tyne Bridge you get from our hotel in Newcastle city centre. But then, when you're staying at Malmaison Newcastle, it's the views on the inside that tell you your boat's come in. While you're right at the heart of Newcastle's great shops and exciting nightlife, the lure of MALBAR's legendary cocktails and the Mal Brasserie's classic dishes with a twist is pretty strong. And who wants to spend all night out on the town when one hotel in Newcastle has a whole floor with a shipbuilding theme and bathtubs you could sink a battleship in? It could only be the Newcastle Mal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Malmaison Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Upon Tyne