We had a lovely stay at this hotel, all of the staff we encountered were cheerful, friendly and helpful - you can't always say that about UK hotels, so well done!
We asked for a high floor when booking and had a fab view from the 6th floor, encompassing both the Millenium and the Tyne bridges, couldn't be better.
It was a very hot afternoon when we arrived so we were very glad of air conditioning that worked well, it would have been pretty uncomfortable otherwise.
The room was a good size, the complimentary toiletries the best I've seen in a very long time and the beds, pillows etc. were very comfortable.
One little niggle, the room could have done with a good dusting, there was quite a lot of it on side tables, mirrors etc. Also, the mini fridge had a fair bit of mould inside - needs a clean! Some of the furnishings are also a bit chipped, could do with a bit of a re-furb.
The location is perfect with bars and restaurants within easy walking distance, we were meeting friends for dinner so didn't sample the food in the brasserie. However, if the excellent breakfast is indicative of the general standard of food then we may eat dinner here in the future.
My all time favourite breakfast is eggs benedict so I opted for that. I can honestly say it was probably the best version of this dish I've had outside the US - it was just perfect.
The car parking was reasonable at £10 for overnight and was adjacent to the back of the hotel, ideal.
Overall, we had an enjoyable stay and will certainly return in future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fog on the Tyne? Let's hope not. Otherwise you'll miss the great view of the Tyne Bridge you get from our hotel in Newcastle city centre. But then, when you're staying at Malmaison Newcastle, it's the views on the inside that tell you your boat's come in. While you're right at the heart of Newcastle's great shops and exciting nightlife, the lure of MALBAR's legendary cocktails and the Mal Brasserie's classic dishes with a twist is pretty strong. And who wants to spend all night out on the town when one hotel in Newcastle has a whole floor with a shipbuilding theme and bathtubs you could sink a battleship in? It could only be the Newcastle Mal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Malmaison Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Upon Tyne