We stayed at the Malmaison as we were going to a music event across at the Sage. The location of the Malmaison is great if you want to be in the Quayside or close to the Sage or Baltic. It was great value too, breakfast was included in the price together with £20 off our food bill in the Bistro. We had the best burgers we have ever had - and that includes those we have eaten in the States, they were absolutely amazing!
The hotel is very dark, with dimly lit corridors and public areas, but I think that is part of the image of the Malmaison. Our room was large, comfy bed, bathroom very modern and efficient; just what you would expect of a 4 star city centre hotel.
I would have no hesitation in staying in a Malmaison again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fog on the Tyne? Let's hope not. Otherwise you'll miss the great view of the Tyne Bridge you get from our hotel in Newcastle city centre. But then, when you're staying at Malmaison Newcastle, it's the views on the inside that tell you your boat's come in. While you're right at the heart of Newcastle's great shops and exciting nightlife, the lure of MALBAR's legendary cocktails and the Mal Brasserie's classic dishes with a twist is pretty strong. And who wants to spend all night out on the town when one hotel in Newcastle has a whole floor with a shipbuilding theme and bathtubs you could sink a battleship in? It could only be the Newcastle Mal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Malmaison Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Upon Tyne