We stayed here for a couple of nights in January 2014 on the Christmas Interlude package. The package was reasonable value for money including dinner on the first night and a cooked breakfast each morning. We had booked a superior room with views of the Millenium bridge. The size of the room was great and the view was fantastic. However, I couldn't help but feel the curtains and the sofa could do with replacing, they just seemed a bit old and stained. The room door was a nightmare as it just slammed shut. I tried to quietly shut our door but our neighbours showed no such consideration. On first appearances the bathroom seemed very nice, but on closer inspection it was apparent the paintwork was getting tatty and the grouting on the tiles could do with replacing. On a similar note, the carpet in the restaurant was fraying and looked pretty awful. I would have to agree with previous comments and say the hotel could do with being redecorated.
Having said all this, the food was lovely, and the burgers certainly filled a hole. The eggs benedict was gorgeous. The staff were friendly and efficient and the spa was great.
Like all the hotel chains though, I just wish they would lower their prices a bit. At £8.50 for a cocktail I had to abstain. If they just lowered the price by a couple of pounds I should think they would sell a lot more. It's the little things that make a big difference.
I would go back but probably just stay room only and experience all the fantastic restaurants and bars that Newcastle has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fog on the Tyne? Let's hope not. Otherwise you'll miss the great view of the Tyne Bridge you get from our hotel in Newcastle city centre. But then, when you're staying at Malmaison Newcastle, it's the views on the inside that tell you your boat's come in. While you're right at the heart of Newcastle's great shops and exciting nightlife, the lure of MALBAR's legendary cocktails and the Mal Brasserie's classic dishes with a twist is pretty strong. And who wants to spend all night out on the town when one hotel in Newcastle has a whole floor with a shipbuilding theme and bathtubs you could sink a battleship in? It could only be the Newcastle Mal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Hotel.de, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Malmaison Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Upon Tyne