As ever with the Malmaison chain, the Newcastle hotel was trendy and atmospheric. We had one of the corner suites, which was spacious and well-equipped with the most comfortable bed, plus on the 7th floor amid peace and quiet. The bar is dark and maybe a little cheesy but fun and the brasserie was excellent in both food and service. The hotel is well positioned with good views and near to the life of the city. The staff in general were friendly, efficient and discreet. If you are going to Newcastle, this is the place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fog on the Tyne? Let's hope not. Otherwise you'll miss the great view of the Tyne Bridge you get from our hotel in Newcastle city centre. But then, when you're staying at Malmaison Newcastle, it's the views on the inside that tell you your boat's come in. While you're right at the heart of Newcastle's great shops and exciting nightlife, the lure of MALBAR's legendary cocktails and the Mal Brasserie's classic dishes with a twist is pretty strong. And who wants to spend all night out on the town when one hotel in Newcastle has a whole floor with a shipbuilding theme and bathtubs you could sink a battleship in? It could only be the Newcastle Mal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Malmaison Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Upon Tyne