We have stayed here a few times and usually upgrade to a river view, we did the bubbles and breakfast package and had a lovely stay, the room was overlooking the millennium bridge and when we came back late in the evening I sat and watched the colours on the bridge changing, listening to Mark Knopfler, and remembering days long ago when I would come to the market there on Sundays as a child.
The best surprise was the hamper left outside the door for breakfast, we ate looking out to Gateshead waking up with an amazing back drop of the Sage and Baltic.
Many thanks to all the staff, who as usual were excellent.
Well done also to the firemen who rescued the Kittywake from bridge!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fog on the Tyne? Let's hope not. Otherwise you'll miss the great view of the Tyne Bridge you get from our hotel in Newcastle city centre. But then, when you're staying at Malmaison Newcastle, it's the views on the inside that tell you your boat's come in. While you're right at the heart of Newcastle's great shops and exciting nightlife, the lure of MALBAR's legendary cocktails and the Mal Brasserie's classic dishes with a twist is pretty strong. And who wants to spend all night out on the town when one hotel in Newcastle has a whole floor with a shipbuilding theme and bathtubs you could sink a battleship in? It could only be the Newcastle Mal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Malmaison Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Upon Tyne