“Robots and so much more” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Life Science Centre

Life Science Centre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: For a great day out in Newcastle upon Tyne, look no further than the Life Science Centre with exhibitions, events, theatre shows and the biggest planetarium in the North of England! We’re an award-winning Science Centre full of exciting exhibitions, activities and events for all ages. Our programme changes regularly so there’s always a new reason to visit. And remember - everything is included in the price of admission.Life is an educational charity; we do not receive public funding. All money raised from ticket prices helps us achieve our charitable objectives - to get people of all ages switched on to science and to raise standards in science education. We couldn't do this without your support, so THANK YOU.
East Boldon, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Robots and so much more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2016

Absolutely fantastic day out for children and parents. Spent 6 hours and could've stayed longer. Can't wait to visit again

Yarm, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Lots to keep little ones entertained ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

Lovely day out with the kids. Plenty for all ages. My daughter is 4 and her and error friends loved the planetarium and the free play floor upstairs.

Newcastle upon Tyne, England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fab day out!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

Visited during February half-term and spent most of day there! Got there for 10am opening to be met with a small queue - would recommend an early start as queue gets much longer as the morning progresses! Really enjoyed 4D ride and Planetarium, the Science Show less so. My 7 year old LOVED the lab experiments section, RobotWars & the robot displays. Had lunch there which was good - jacket potatoes- but seating area so busy and noisy (School hols!). Would definitely return.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Slightly disappointed but still had a good time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2016

I have been looking forward to seeing the Robots exhibition for a few weeks now, I was surprised at how little there was to see in the Robots section. Only a few said they were props etc used in the movies, tv or adverts, the rest were ones people had built so were not originals. The Star Wars ones to me, growing up with the movies, looked bad. C3P0's face didnt look right, R2D2 looked like a poor model. Apart from the disappointment in some of the displays, I still had a really good time there. It was really busy and loads of kids running round having fun. The big kid in me had to come out at some point, and I got a selfie with Bruce the Dalek. I even got a high five ( sucker style ) off him.
We made the mistake of getting a bite to eat and a drink at lunch time when the newly refurbed cafe was at its busiest. We were lucky enough to get 3 seats just as someone stood up to leave. After about half an hour the cafe quietened down a bit and seats become available.
We visited the Hubble at 25 show. Now that was well worth the 15 mins wait to get in. The photography was amazing. I personally cannot see 3d movies due to an eye operation, but some of the photos on this display, even though it was not a 3d display, seemed like they came out of the curved screen. That display is well worth a visit.
One thing I was not expecting but was pleased about was that we were allowed to go round taking photos and video. I was expecting a big No No on this one. Big thumbs up from me for allowing this.
There is a small display some people may not even bat an eyelid at and walk straight past but we checked it out and had great fun. It was a table where you position perspex shapes to make a connection and make weird sounds and music. I said to my wife, I would love one of these at home. Wish you could buy one.
We didn't go on the 4D Motion Ride due to the queue but also as I have a chronic back injury so we gave that a miss.
Even though its mid February, the outdoor ice skating rink was still really busy. I don't know why they don't just keep it there all year. Maybes in the summer, change it to a normal roller rink.
All in all, apart from the price to get in ( 26 quid for 2 adults and a child ) and a little disappointment in the Robots, we had a great few hours and had a good laugh. Beats going shopping in the cold.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

We visited on a Tuesday in school holidays and we're met with a huge queue but it went down quickly. Quite pricey but we had a really nice day all the kids really enjoyed the attractions on offer and the ice rink outside was a real hit.

1 Thank Caroline K