“Ok for something to do.”

The Discovery Museum
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed coming here and there seemed plenty to do. Although I would have likes more hands on for younger ones. It's a good museum and lots of great sections to look at and interact and see etc.
I expected it to be absolutely fabulous after reading the other reviews and this was mainly why we went. It was good, maybe not as good as I expected. Well worth a visit and a way to kill a few hours.

3  Thank kosconli

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I've visited here a few times with my children, it's great on a rainy day. We always enjoy a few hours wandering around and playing with the interactive displays. My only criticism is that things are often broken or don't work properly which is a great shame.

1  Thank Metty69
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We have visited the discovery museum several times and our daughters love it (7&4 youngest autistic) it is very family friendly with lots to do for children my children especially enjoy the water play room and science works as well as the dressing up sections in the main museum sections. A fun educational day for all :)

1  Thank iluvmababyz
Reviewed 6 August 2014

i took my daughter here last week she loved playing in the play on the tyne water table room they also have a mini maze which is a small soft play area i would advice taking a pack lunch and eating in the seating area by the boat or in the science maze as the cafe can be a bit costly if u have a few kids we loved the shadow wall well worth a visit

1  Thank staceyh1984
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Lots of historical things to see. Such as World War 1, uniforms, history, rooms to view of times during the war. Voices to listen to. Electrical experiments to try and discover how they communicated before we had telephones. Café could be better.