“Lovely little cafe!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Lovely little cafe!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I work locally, and Thyme Square is great for lunchtimes. I usually choose something from the specials board, which changes almost every day!
I'm a staunch meat eater but quite often choose their veggie option- Paul seems to put a lot of thought and effort into his menus. Definitely recommended!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Rwilson1991

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Top class home made food and a warm welcome”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I love this Cafe. The printed menu is excellent in itself but there's always a "today's specials" list on the blackboard so I'm often torn between a variety of tempting options. You can get a hearty breakfast, full English or Vegetarian, a low calorie salad or maybe a casserole or hotpot. The owner Paul is very friendly, usually coming down from the kitchen to greet diners, which I think is a very nice touch. Because he seems to make everything himself I have always found him to be flexible about how your food is cooked and happy to leave things out (I do not like tomatoes in salads, for instance) or add things in. It's not a cheap Cafe/Restaurant but I am more than happy to pay a tiny bit more for really decent quality ingredients. Today I had fishcakes with Caesar salad and those cakes really were solid fish. Delish :).
Good work Paul, Andy and you colleagues. I just wish I could get there more often...

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Stewart J
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Top class food for low prices”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I love this cafe - I visit at lunch times. I can fit it in my lunch break as the food comes out quickly even though it is freshly prepared. The vegetarian options are as lovely as the non veg - and they are different to the normal pap you get in other places - where you feel they only put a veggie option on out of obligation. My meaty mates often have the veggie dishes as they are so nice.
The staff are all super friendly and always make you feel welcome.
The premises are clean and tidy but casual and relaxed - a great atmosphere.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank lesleyflower
“Excellent Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Haven't been for a while!! But visited Thyme Square today for a needed Sunday lunch, the Beef pie was fantastic!! Keep up the good work

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Maxie111
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Take away Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Found this cafe on trip advisor and it's only five minuets from my home, I was looking for a take away Sunday lunch and on ringing was pleasantly surprised they also have a vegetarian option (miracles do happen lol) ordered to collect at 12 and was ready on my arrival staff were very pleasant and helpful. Food was excellent portion sizes are generous overall great service we will return. Many thanks

4 Thank barbara_shield