“It's ok!”

Ranked #337 of 1,254 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, International
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: What’s the secret to a great bar? Doing the simple things really well… it’s that easy. Great drinks, food, service and music… all the time. Designed by one of Newcastle’s premier bar designers, we have created comfortable, relaxed and inviting surroundings in which to enjoy all the great things we offer. With all-day dining from 7am until 9pm, ‘proper’ coffee, an extensive wine list and an original cocktail list, we are confident that you will return again and again.
Ancona, Italy
“It's ok!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

The food was decent (don't have too big expectations!), there was a wide choice of drinks! I enjoyed the wishkey selection. Twice a week it was possible to watch the footbal games.

Visited November 2012
Paul S, General Manager at The Ware Rooms Bar, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Hi Carlosino

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review on The Ware Rooms.

We take the time to ensure that there a TV schedule is always provided for our customers and several food and drink offers to accompany our live football games.

Remember, if you can't see the game or event you're after, let the team know and we'll do our best to show it.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Zagreb, Grad Zagreb, Croatia
“Euro hostel just above”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Nice little pub, restaurant, whatever it is. We stayed in Euro hostel just above the bar. They serve amazing continental breakfast and also traditional one. It's not pricy, but it's not cheap either, general range of prices. Liked it very much!

Visited August 2013
Paul S, General Manager at The Ware Rooms Bar, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Hello wanderer2702

Many thanks for taking the time to review The Ware Rooms after your recent stay with Euro Hostel Newcastle.

I was glad that you found our prices to be neither expensive nor cheap but though our continental breakfast offering is very good, we don't charge our guests - it's complimentary.

Thanks again for your comments and I hope you will come and see us again soon.
South Shields, United Kingdom
“Happy retirement party”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Had a really enjoyable evening at The Ware Rooms to celebrate my retirement. With approximately 50 guests, there was plenty of room to accomodate us and staff were more than happy to reserve an area for our exclusive use.I have used this venue for similar functions in the past and have always found the staff and surroundings pleasant and the atmosphere friendly.
I was not let down. A big thank you to Toni, Elaine and Joe who worked tirelessly behind the bar to keep the thirsty hoardes refereshed and a special mention to young Connor, the glass collector, who worked like an efficient machine all night. His energy was a source of entertainment haha !
Reasonable priced drinks and a wide selection of beers,wines and spirits kept everyone happy.

All in all a success !!

• Visited July 2013
Paul S, General Manager at The Ware Rooms Bar, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Hello Mick C

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review on your recent party at The Ware Rooms.

I was delighted to read your comments and that your guests all had an enjoyable experience with us.

I have passed your comments onto the team and I hope that we will see even more of you now your retirement is due!

Thanks again
“Exceptionally poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

During a recent visit to the ware rooms I experienced some of the worst service that I have ever had anywhere. The waitresses were rude and ill mannered. When the food arrived 1 and a half hours after ordering it was barely edible. I got tired of waiting for my meal and requested my order to be cancelled and my money refunded which eventualy it was without even an apology. One of our group askes for sone tomato sauce and it was basically thrown at him. Absolutely shocking place!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank JohnMcCook
Paul S, General Manager at The Ware Rooms Bar, responded to this review, 19 February 2016
Hello John

Thanks for providing a review on your visit to The Ware Rooms.

Please accept our apologies for the delays experienced in our food service on the night in question. It was not acceptable and I won't make excuses for it. Your comments have been forwarded onto the appropriate personnel within the team and action will be taken to ensure improvements are made.

Thanks again for your comments
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Pathetic”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

Went here after it first opened after a reading a top review in the Evening Chronicle. All the food was pre-packed stuff. Ding food - microwave. Didn't even have any real Bacardi ... just white rum! Seating is on benches in some places, decor is gory, a real heartless place! The date I added for my attendance is obviously wrong, but is the closet I could get from the drop down menu.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Jane W
Paul S, General Manager at The Ware Rooms Bar, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Hi Jane W

Thanks for taking the time to review The Ware Rooms for Tripadvisor.

I appreciate your comments on our food service though the feedback is now almost two years old (the Evening Chronicle Review appeared just after our opening in March 2011).

Please be aware that there is always a Duty Manager on shift 24 hours a day who will be delighted to listen to your concerns, and take appropriate action at the time.

Thanks again for your comments.