“Lovely.”
Review of La Boca - CLOSED

La Boca
Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

Lovely fresh food and lovely proper coffee, all you can ask for in a nice setting. Will deffo be back.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

I think by writing this review is to help the owner for improving their services to the customers. I went to this cafe a while ago which I ordered hot chocolate and latte. I could see that there is no passion for servicing the cups and by that, I wasn't shocked how empty it was inside the cafe. We were given a sugary muffins which you can buy it from tesco about £0.50 for the whole box and yet it was said a complimentary cakes. There was few guys who came and tried to take away, but they didn't know that they didn't have take away cups, then said that they don't serve take away. It's clearly kidding and There isn't anything that justify that. I feel so sorry for the owner for not having passion to be the same lie its name ' art cafe' . There's cafe trader nearby which is beyond any other cafe and yet they offer good value for money.

I can see from others reviewer which said that food is fresh and good. I don't know this is their own friend or what, but that isn't correct. I believe that anything that is said in good way from this cafe isn't true as I have been there few times and there isn't any improvement.

Remember, mixed review is good but giving the truth and facts are beyond any words. Please put more reviews as we want to help others businesses as well to succeed their success.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Went here last week the cakes are all homemade and the coffee excellent it's a little tucked away but well worth a vist

Reviewed 27 February 2012

I visited La Boca with my partner this afternoon having never known that it was even there. This chance encounter certainly paid off. It is situated just off Northumberland street, just far enough to carry shopping bags but also much more peaceful than the chain coffee houses like Starbucks etc. the service was second to none by the two gentlemen behind the counter, a very warm welcome that you wouldn't get elsewhere. The coffee was really good value for the size of the mug and the home made cakes were delicious. I noticed from the menu that they do lunches - we'll definitely call back for that!! All in all a wonderful experience. I'd recommend it to anyone!!

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Came over from Sunderland with college friends and wanted somewhere a bit quieter to gossip and catch up. Gave La Boca a try but found it to be nothing special.

Coffee was OK but the food was a little bland. On the whole I could take or leave it and there is much better to be found elsewhere in Newcastle.

I'm sure it happens all the time but I think it's interesting to note that one of the staff appear to have posted one of the reviews here which suggests that they're trying to bump up their rating.

I've reported this to TripAdvisor but nothing seems to have been done.