“Phenomenal tapas!”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I went to the Food Social last Tuesday with my friend for the tapas night. I was so impressed. I've had plenty of tapas before, but nothing quite like this. They have taken the traditional Spanish tapas and transformed it with British ingredients. For only £20, myself and my friend were presented with six large tapas dishes and a glass of beautiful red wine. The standard of the food was excellent. We went home raving about it for hours. Tapas can often be a disappointment with measly portion size, but this particular tapas sent us home with full tummies! Huge huge compliments to the chef. Not only was the food amazing, but the service was spot on. We felt like we were getting VIP treatment throughout the whole meal.
I will be sure to go back, especially for Tuesday tapas, and I highly recommend this superior establishment to anyone.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Almost impossible to fault without even breaking stride Robin the most genuine owner you will ever meet thrusts a thrilling chilled prosecco glass of prosecco into our hands. Fish soup with gruyere and croutons then perfect Dover sole and even more perfect sunday lunch followed by amazing Lemon posset with seasonal juicy local blackberries. perfect service perfect day. THe best sunday lunch anywhere.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

What a joy! A restaurant serving a roast Sunday lunch with a contemporary twist. I had crispy pig cheeks to start; fabulous roast beef with all the trimmings delivered to perfection; then an amazing bread and butter pudding with custard. Wow! The service was truly exceptional and the ambience and setting just great - attached to The Biscuit Factory art gallery in a relatively unfashionable part of Newcastle. The place was packed for Sunday lunch and I'm not surprised. We will be trying it again the next time we are up in Newcastle. The bill for three of us having three courses with coffee and drinks? £68! Remarkable value and worth every penny.... Try it - you will not be disappointed....

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

I took my girlfriend here to celebrate her 29th birthday and we were not disappointed. The food was full of flavour and left you wanting more, we went for a full 3 course and demolished the lot. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

We have been here a couple of times now for the early evening menu and it has been exceptional both times. Our favourite restaurant in the area.