“Changed beyond all recognition”
Review of Food Social - CLOSED

Food Social
Price range: US$0 - US$81
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Changed beyond all recognition”
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I stopped visiting this restaurant some time ago - I am so pleased I made the effort to try again this week. It is now warm and comfortable, the food is well cooked and presented and good value. The staff are excellent and understand the menu. I shall certainly return. The gallery is well worth a visit.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank travel2-360

Kinghorn, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Great time”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Found this place on Trip Adviser and we all loved it. The quality of service and food was 1st class. Not to pricey and the old warehouse location super. Right next to a great looking art gallery.

Chester, England
“Storming!”
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Firstly, the restaurant is a bit out of the main town so if it pouring with rain and you are unfamiliar with the geography may I suggest a taxi. It's not expensive and worth arriving calm and dry!

Shown straight to our table, although offered a drink in the bar the restaurant is a large open space with wooden tables. Not intimate or cosy. But that said it was populated by a good mix of couples and groups and we didn't feel out of place.

Menu is imaginative and inspired. Laced with a few unfamiliar terms our waitress was helpful and knowledgeable. I started with the crab, followed by fish with beet root and finished with the chocolate pud. Does that do it justice - no! I have been lucky to eat in some top rated restaurants with stars and gongs and this meal was probably one of the best I have had. Flavours were deep and considered. Presentation was stunning. Service slick but not smarmy - attentive but not intrusive which is a hard but essential balance. Great wine list too.

This is the sort of place worthy of pilgrimage.

Visited October 2013
london
“Personally Disappointed - others not so”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

6 of us went to eat at the restaurant as part of our weekend in Newcastle, and although the others in the party seemed reasonably happy with their mean, i was disappointed.
I had the terrine and only ate half of it as it tasted slightly off. My main course - Ribeye was cooked as requested but again was not to my taste.
I can't fault the restaurant for the service or the ambiance, but was disappointed with the food.

• Visited October 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“I should have done this a while ago.....”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Since it opened, I've been going here on a regular basis. The team working there are pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable. The quality of food is consistently brilliant and excellent value.

For my birthday, while all other restaurants were making awkward stipulations & requests the team at Food Social were nothing but helpful accommodating myself and around 25 guests at relatively short notice.

I would not hesitate to recommend this place for any occasion.

• Visited October 2013