“WOW!”

Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This hotel is by no means cheap, but well worth every penny. As soon as you walk through the door you are gobsmacked by how chic this place is, the huge horse lampshade and swinging chair in the foyer are very impressive, if not a little strange!

The staff are friendly and helpful, everything was perfect. Walking through the door of our King Sized room, I was astounded, it was amazing. There is a small kitchenette in the entrance to the room (which we didn't use), two TV's a breakfast bar and a desk, ideally sized and not
too cramped. the bed obviously had forty pillows on (as does most hotels) but the matress was comfy and the linen was crisp and clean.

The walk in shower easily fits two of you in ( to save water of course!) and the bathroom clean and bright. I have nothing bad to say about the room itself, though the view out of our window wasn't the best, but honestly, it didn't really matter.

Room service was prompt and the food to die for if not a little expensive, but what a treat! Breakfast included in the room price was amazing, you could if you wanted gorge yourselves to death on the choice. I thoroughly recommend cocktails in the bar either in the afternoon or evening, the Frozen Bellini was out of this world. The bar staff wore extremely short skirts but had the legs to pull it off! If you are a Necastle fan you can enjoy the view of St James, not my cup of tea, but my other half was in magpie heaven!

Well worth the visit, ideally located to ChinaTown and the train station, perfect!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michping
Write a ReviewReviews (1,554)

Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night, very comfortable room with high standard of cleanliness throughout. Good and powerful shower. Liked the range of toiletries and in room hairdryer and iron. Room service was prompt with hot food, always a bonus. Good choice of breakfast cooked to order, though felt a little odd eating in a bar area. Will stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Very impressed overall with the Sandman Signature!

Check in was efficient, staff were polite, courteous and knowledgable.

The rooms are excellent value with a great range of amenities including microwave and fridge. Rooms are very clean and well maintained and the beds are luxurious.

The design of the rooms and lobby etc is very modern and comfortable, very welcoming when you walk through the door.

The Shark Club on the ground floor is a great little bar with good service and an excellent food selection. It's pricey, but you are paying for table service, you certainly don't feel extorted.

I didn't experience any traffic noise as stated in other reviews but I was awoken at 8am by drilling and hammering in a room adjacent to mine, I presume some maintanence work is being carried out across the hotel, being as how immaculate the hotel is I wouldn't have thought this would be going on for much longer. If it wasn't for this disturbance I would have awarded 5/5, the rest of the package is spot on.

Enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I want to condense this so you don’t have a ream of paper to get through.
The staff were brilliant nothing was too much trouble, we upgraded our room to a suite so there was a bath I sadly can’t shower (medical reasons) so needed a bath.
The rooms were well stocked with anything we could have needed and extremely clean, my biggest problem!! How small are the rooms! Very … I’m so glad we upgraded at least we could sit in comfort to watch the TV or to read.
We ate dinner in the Shark Bar and although really noisy and busy the food was lovely and the service was good . Breakfast was in the bar as well and I have to say there was so much of it and all cooked well
I have given it a 4 I can’t justify a 5 since I think it’s really expensive for such small rooms, and I didn’t really sleep due to the noisy fan in the bathroom even when it was turned off .. 5am I was downstairs in the reception requesting they get someone to look at it, which they offered to do right away.
Would I stay again … yes I would it was clean and well situated for the centre of town

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Zen-1958
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Stayed here on business and it was the most expensive choice on the list so thought I would give it a go. Considering it was so much more expensive than other hotels it didn't offer anything to warrant the extra expense. The room was very small for the price. Internet was free, that's about all I can say for it. A little bit of a walk to the shops but not too bad. Bit of noise from the club/bar downstairs but didn't last long and was manageable. To be honest, none of Newcastle's hotels are anything to rave about apart form Staybridge Suites but that is quite a walk from the shops.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank tngm
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I would rate this hotel as 7/10.

Location: Reasonably close to railway station (10 - 15 mins walk), right next to the Sports Direct Arena (home of Newcastle United). Heartily recommended for soccer fans.

Service: friendly staff, no complaints. Room cleaned unobrusively.

Size of room: a little small, but no complaints from me. I had a good view of the stadium from my window.

Facilities in room: a good refrigerator and kettle. One big drawback for me was the lack of a bath.

Food: Breakfast was fine - cooked breakfast was not made of gourmet meats, but the fruit salads were very pleasant.

All in all, it's a decent hotel, but I was disappointed by the lack of a bath for this class of hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Edward G
Reviewed 27 August 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on bank holiday sunday, the staff were brilliant! We couldnt find the car park so one member of staff walked and found us in the car then asked if we wanted our bags taking in. This is excellent customer service! Lacking in many establishments in the UK, once we got in the hotel we were told our room wasnt ready but they took our bags so we could go shopping and phoned us when our room was ready and had our bags placed in the room. The room was immaculate and done to a very high standard apart from the ceiling being unfinished. No noise from main street excellet night sleep with the comfiest pillows

• Stayed: August 2012