“Great location.”

Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel
Waddesdon, United Kingdom
“Great location.”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

The Sandman Signature, is in a perfect setting, for a city break. I thought the decor was interesting and quirky. The staff were very friendly . The rooms were small, chilly and damp. This will be a big problem if it isn't sorted. We were only staying 1 night, and the room ad only cost £89.00. If our stay had been longer, I may ave asked to move rooms.

Room Tip: I think they are building a fitness center on the 10th floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Kelly M, Front Office Manager at Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2013
Dear Heather B,

Thank you for writing the above review for your recent stay, glad to hear that you found the location perfect for your city break, and how you found the team very friendly.

We have a fitness facility on the top floor which has been open since the end of January.

I am sorry to hear that you found the room chilly and damp if this had of been brought to our attention at that time we would have acted on that issue immediately.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Oxford
Reviewed 15 March 2013

When you first enter the Sandman Signature you think you are onto a good thing. Very modern, new,trendy reception area. The staff are very friendly and will go out of their way to be of assistance. I was visiting Newcastle University with my son and had booked a double room with a sofa bed and a small kitchen area. On first impressions the room looked nice, but on further inspection I felt the room was not that clean and you could tell that even though fairly new it had been well used (I suspect by groups of football supporters/stag/hen parties). When my son got into the sofa bed he discovered that it was so well used that all you could feel were springs. We phoned reception and asked to be moved to a twin room as nobody could have slept on it. This request was dealt with straight away and we moved to a twin room. I must agree with other reviews that the air con/heat system is awful. The rooms are cold when you enter and then to warm them up it would be impossible to sleep because of the noise it makes. As we arrived after 11pm after a 5 hour journey we decided to sleep instead of warm the room up. Again as other reviews have metioned even though we were on a top floor we could hear a lot of noise from outside (poor quality windows).
Breakfast was in the TV ridden sports bar. I had to ask for clean bowls after looking through all the bowls on offer to find each one covered in dried on food residue. I really am feeling like a real moaner now but lets get it out of the way! Butter was off, eggs had been there all morning, no large plates, £11.45 each!!! We left to enjoy our day visiting Newcastle University but my son didn't enjoy it much as he felt ill and spent a lot of time visiting the loo!!
I feel really sorry for the staff because they were so friendly maybe they just need better management. Anyway I wouldn't stay there again you might as well go to Premier Inn.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BarbarellaOxford
Kelly M, Front Office Manager at Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear BarbarellaOxford,

May I thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay in Newcastle. I am sorry to learn that your experience of the hotel and breakfast were not up to standard please accept my deepest apologies for all issues that were caused directly to you.

Please feel free to contact myself directly at the hotel to discuss your above mentioned points in more detail.

I look forward to hearing from you direct.

newcastle ,england
Reviewed 15 March 2013

stayed at this hotel for one night, had an upgrade to a superior room, the room was small , the kitchen was fine,bathroom has a frosted glass door so not very private if you dont like going to the toilet when somebody can hear you !!. the room was full of long black hairs yak!!, told reception and some were removed.
the reception staff are excellent their customer services are second to none. which is rare these days.
the breakfast was ok, but it is served in the pub , the plates and cutlery had dirty food left on them .the hotel in general could do with a good clean. it is central to the town .parking is across the road at a charge .this hotel would suit stag and hen partys.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mason44,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, sorry to hear that you did not like the bathroom door design please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that the hotel caused you directly over this.

I am concerned to hear of the hairs and breakfast experience you mention in your review that you found in your room should you wish to discuss this further please contact myself directly at the hotel. Guest experience is a significant priority to the hotel and all feedback is greatly appreciated to ensure that all issues can be rectified.

I am pleased to hear that you received excellent customer service from the Front Desk Team during your stay.

Folkestone
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I stayed at the hotel with my city on a luxury break I had won. We had been allocated adouble room instead of a twin, but on contacting reception it was changed without delay. The service was excellent with cheerful and helpful staff. The decor is quirky but works wonderfully well. A central location with easy access to shops etc. The Shark bar was a bit hectic for ladies of our age, but all in all a great stay !

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Dear Sheila C,

Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay at Sandman Signature Hotel Newcastle.

Very glad to hear that the service you experienced was excellent and that you liked the quirky décor of the hotel.

Thanks again – hope to see you back in the future.

County Durham, Great Britian
Reviewed 10 March 2013

The hotel is fantastic in a great location, the reception staff were very welcoming and helpful. Car Parking is limited opposite the hotel, first come first served. The bedroom was beautiful, but very cold when we arrived. It had a very nice little kitchen and we decided to make our own breakfast the next morning, which was brill as we could chill out in our dressing gowns. The bed was the most comfortablest Iv slept in and had a great nights sleep. The bathroom and toiletries also very good. Overall excellent and thoroughly enjoyed the stay and will definately come again.

Room Tip: We had a Junior Suite and the kitchen facilities were a nice bonus, we had a room at the back which...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Fantastic Review!

Great to hear of your recent stay at Sandman Signature Hotel Newcastle, Its great feedback like this that is very rewarding to me and the team knowing of what a great experience you had.

The beds are so comfortable they are from the Sealy Brand you literally sink right into them! Glad you were able to make use of the kitchen facilities throughout your stay it really has the great homely feel to those rooms.

Thanks again MaseyMay, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

cheshire
Reviewed 9 March 2013 via mobile

Great hotel brilliant service I arrived late at night and was welcomed by the staff who made me feel at home straight away they told me all about the hotel there was free coffee etc in the foyer 24hrs
The room was superb quirky and clean breakfast was very good plenty of choice really enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend it to anyone

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Bazandgay,

Five star review!!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Sandman Signature Hotel Newcastle, It’s great to hear how you were made to feel at home after a late arrival. Feedback is most important to us it’s great to read such a fantastic review.

Hope to see you back in the future,
Reviewed 9 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for one night with our 6 month old son. We arrived slightly early to be told our room has been prepared as we had a baby with us! Very thoughtful. The travel cot was already in the room, which was helpful.
The room, if there was a downside, was a little 'compact' with a travel cot and pram.... But that is being very picky.

I ordered room service, burger, which was fantastic! It was delivered promptly and efficiently by excellent staff.

The hotel was quiet and check in and out was a breeze. Thank you

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Ken S,

What a GREAT review of Sandman Signature Hotel Newcastle, thank you for your feedback it’s great to hear how you found the hotel quiet and that your arrival and departure was smooth.

I am pleased to hear of the thoughtfulness of the team in the preparation of room for arrival. Sorry to hear you thought the room was cramped with the cot and pram.

I shall share your comments of your room service to the chef he will be most thankful of your fantastic feedback!

Hope to see you again!