Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel
US$96
  • Pool
Euro Hostel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$35
  • Restaurant
The New Northumbria Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$90
Agoda.com
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$111
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$251
US$123
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Jesmond Dene House(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$124
US$120
US$99
US$90
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Caledonian Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$68
Hotels.com
US$87
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Newcastle Central(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$64
Travelodge
  • Room Service
1,624 results
All reviewsst james parkshark clubsharks barfootball groundfridge and microwavefootball stadiumking roomkitchen areawet roomcity centreair conrain showerbathroom floorbar downstairslovely hoteleldon squarecar park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

From arriving at the hotel to departing, the experience was exceptional. The lady who checked us in was so friendly and so helpful and was genuinely interested in us and our stay and granted our request of the a room on the highest floor possible (with a brilliant view of St. James park). The rooms are gorgeous, so modern, clean and worth every penny! The shark bar joined onto the hotel serves gorgeous cocktails, I had the best drink there ever (strawberry mojito). The food is also to a high standard. The location of the hotel is directly opposite St. James park which is really handy if you're going to the match, which we did, and the staff allowed us to leave our luggage there after check out to collect after the game. The hotel is also a 5 minute walk away from Eldon Square and the gate, which was also ideal. I left a few comments on the comment card in the room before I left praising the lady on reception, an received a lovely email from herself directly last week thanking me :) would definitely recommend and stay here again!!

• Stayed: March 2014
Sarah M, Guest Relations Manager at Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Hi Chloe M

Thank you for your kind review! So happy to know you had an amazing time here, and glad you enjoyed the match!

We were more than happy to full fill your request of a high floor room, we always try our best to accommodate customers requests!

I will pass your lovely comments onto our Shark Bar about their amazing food and cocktails!

We would love to see you again in the future!

Best Regards

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for our anniversary and it was great. Staff were so polite and welcoming at all times, the room was immaculate and the breakfast was delicious. The only fault that I can think of is that we ordered what we thought would be some champagne for our room, but when it came it was sparkling wine. Not really worth it for the extra 30 quid we spent. Having said that, we would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sarah M, Guest Relations Manager at Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Thank you for your lovely comments! I will be sure to pass these onto our reception staff, shark club and housekeeping.

We do hope to see you here again soon!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Had an overnight stay here bought by my partner as a special treat after a concert at the Sage theatre. Very contemporary foyer, lovely welcome at reception, when we went up to the room opened the door to be greeted by a kitchen on the left hand side, desk on the right and straight ahead 2 large bunk beds!! Then to the left was a double bedroom and large shower room, all very lovely but slightly cramped, we upgrade to have breakfast next morning at £11.90 per person. Breakfast was very good, a slight shortfall on cutlery, napkins and tea and coffee top ups, and only one choice of egg on offer which was slightly disappointing for the price paid. The bedroom lost a star as there was a main light out, and bathroom fan not working....... But only minor issues really, I would certainly come back here again, the bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept on...... Well done Sandman's Newcastle for providing a very enjoyable stay

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi 72Mary

Thank you for your review of our hotel, we really appreciate it! We are so pleased you liked our suite category rooms. They do come in handy when you want to cook your own food!

I will pass your comments onto the Shark Club about breakfast, however if you ask the staff for egg or other food cooked to your liking, they will be more than happy to assist!

Reception weren't aware of the problems in your suite, we would have been more than happy to get this fixed for you ASAP. However our maintenance department are now aware of this, and have since fixed the issue.

We do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We had a great time at the hotel, the food was lovely, the room was fab and the service great, happy friendly staff throughout. The bar at the hotel was fab, friendly bar staff and waitresses, quick service and amazing cocktails.
The rooms was clean and comfortable. The hotel is located near to the stadium, china town and the town centre. Everything was in walking distance.
We will be visiting this hotel again next time we watch the footy.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi Gemma G

Thank you for your amazing review on our hotel! I'm glad you had a fantastic time and would love to come back!

Thank you for your kind words on our staff members, I will make sure to pass these comments on. Here at the Sandman Hotel we pride our selves on fantastic customer service!

Our great city centre location is great for shopping, amazing restaurants, brilliant bars and clubs! We're glad you enjoyed your time here! We would love to see you here again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Just had to write this: I have emailed this hotel to ask if it would be possible to place a bottle of bubbly as a surprise for a friend who is celebrating a special Birthday. I immediately got a response from the Guest Services Manager - Sarah.
Wow!... she was so very helpful.. suggested I call her to discuss what she could do and the brands/prices available - which I did: For a small service charge, she even offered to go an purchase a favourite brand ie if they did not stock it...

She then offered to place a card in the room with a personal message on from myself, and sent me another email to confirm.

I am so impressed! Thank you Sarah.... what great service!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Sarah M, Guest Relations Manager at Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words Jill! Here at the Sandman Hotel we always go above and beyond our customer service expectations. I was more than happy to help with your request :-)

We will hopefully see you soon! So you can experience our wonderful hotel for your self.