Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Merchants Quay Week2Week(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
Friars Gate Luxury Apartments(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Pool
  • Spa
Chasley Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
View Hotel
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Breakfast included
County Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Restaurant
Motel One Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hampton By Hilton Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Breakfast included
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Pool
1,621 results
All reviewsst james parkshark clubsharks barfootball groundfridge and microwavefootball stadiumking roomkitchen areawet roomcity centreair conrain showerbathroom floorbar downstairslovely hoteleldon squarecar park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Myself and my fiancé stayed here for 3 nights last week. Hotel is lovely as are the rooms. Rooms are small but big enough for what you need. Our bathroom was a wet room which was lovely but the water does travel across the whole of the floor so after you have showered you can't really go back into the bathroom or your feet will get wet! The air con was a god send as the rooms can get hot. We took our dog with us and asked reception not to service our room for the duration however every morning housekeeping rang our doorbell and after we had left and came back later on our room had been serviced whilst the dog was there, which worried me as the dog could have escaped from the room. The staff were all lovely and friendly.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Dinks90
Kelly M, Front Office Manager at Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

Dear Katy A,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It’s great to see you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my Partner arrived at The Sandman Signature Hotel along with our Pet pug Oscar and can simply say they were professional at the highest standard.

The beds were very comfortable and a very reasonable size!

The shower/wet room is a great idea, you even get a choice if you want the traditional shower in a lead type or a rain shower effect that comes out from above.

(Just a tip if you find the shower fan very noisy at night there is a switch near the ceiling outside the shower room above the lights)

The receptionists them selfs were great they really make you feel at home from the check in to check out. If you are bringing pets like we did they are great with them and really make a fuss over them. Note also if you are going out for the day you can even arrange for someone to check in on them.

The hotel overall is quality at the Highest standard, nothing seems out of place.
I cannot recommend The Sandman Enough.

I will definitely be coming back!

10/10

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank CallumHibs

Dear Callum L,

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We got this hotel on a last minute deal at a super discounted price...so I treated my BF to a birthday night stay here. I'm from Newcastle so staying in a glam hotel like this.. I'm perhaps bit more mindful of what i get for my money. i.e paying for dinner and breakfast- which we didn't. We ate out all day and night as its FAR cheaper. So I can't comment on the food side of the hotel.

I had in formed the hotel it was a birthday treat and they kindly left us a welcome gift of 2 mini bottles of wine and a mini box of chocolates with a happy birthday note. A Lovely lovely touch.

The room itself is big enough for 2ppl. Tea and coffee essentials all stocked up. The bed is huge and bouncy! Overkill on the pillows though, not needed. The bathroom is filled with body and hair goodies. Hair cap etc. The shower is very nice.. It has a thin slit drain at the other end instead of a hole. Great lighting for applying make-up. The TV is a good size although the remote was maddening as the buttons were difficult to press. Our lamp on the table was broken too- no biggie. I won't be writing or doing paper work but i imagine a lot of business men and woman would need it. We also have a fridge! We never touched it I'm not paying £6 for a bottle of beer lol. Although we put our own booze in there- don't be shy about moving stuff out so you can put stuff in ha. There's also a safe which we did use.. By the bed side is a digital singular stand speaker that holds your I-Pod =) Great touch. A sound dock next to your bed!

The air con is right next to the bed at floor level. I would have preferred it above us, as at night time i was warm and put it on.. but there came a point where it chilled my back so much that it gave me crick-neck in the morning.

The lifts are quick and speedy.. zero waiting around. It's one of my hotel pet hates.

Ok a word on check in. Our own experience was so so.. Took a few back and forths to get the correct info on parking and check out times etc. My room key broke twice as well. The lovely lady checking us in had a very thick accent and struggled to understand me =/ it was awkward trying to establish a fact- I ended up sounding like i was being unreasonable or something.

We checked out the following day at 11am with a different member of staff. No fuss. We even had time to relax in the foyer with a cup of coffee from the free machine. We may have liberated a mug with the pretty Sandman logo on it.. All in all a lovely stay. Quiet. Up market.. One or two hiccups.

TIPS: Need more tea or coffee? If you spot the trolly ASK for more. I say this as I know maids hate it when guests help themselves without saying what it is they need. They are more than happy to load your hands rammed full of whatever you need as long as you say it with a smile. I witnessed a lady get aright ticking off for taking pens and milk without asking =/

Also if you'd like to arrange a freebie its always good to inquire about it. You don't ask you won't know =)

Room Tip: Higher up is better. There's a night club lower down (Shark Club) so be safe not sorry! Not to mention a great view of the footy ground!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vickystyle
Kelly M, Front Office Manager at Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2014

Dear vickystyle,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us. We really do appreciate your feedback. I am happy to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and await the return of our stolen mug ;)

I do hope you come and see us again soon, thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

As a frequent traveler with high expectations I was impressed with the check-in efficiency and when I got to my room found all my boxes ticked - air-con, well-appointed amenities, even a size-able fridge and microwave oven. I even availed myself to the breakfast offer at check-in - £11 buffet, eat all you can.

I turned up at their restaurant for breakfast the next morning. It was Monday morning, usually quiet, very pleasant, I thought. I helped myself at the serving trays - bacon, sausages, etc, until I got to the serving tray for eggs - empty. It happens, so I notified the waitress, she said she would notify the chef, and I proceeded to tuck in to what I have on my plate.

Now, you would think in this situation, one of two things would happen - (a) the chef would rush a couple of fried eggs and high-tail them to me, and (b) the waitress would give the chef the heads-up, and as soon as the eggs are ready, hot-foot them to me. Nothing of that sort happened. I finished my breakfast, on the way out, the waitress appeared from the kitchen with the fried eggs and gleefully proclaimed at the serving trays (not at my table), "Here are the eggs!". "Too late", I said, "I've already finished with my breakfast without the eggs". Silence.

This could only happen in the UK. I've stayed in hotels around the world. In China, an empty serving tray would never be seen, and if it inadvertently happened, I would be served the fried eggs as soon as they are ready, and *before* I cleared my plate. In the USA, where the waitress's tips would be at stake, this would not have happened either.

Breakfast the next day. The restaurant was much busier, so much so that it was almost difficult to find an empty table. Now the waitresses are run off their feet - they are clearing tables and taking coffee or tea orders, and serve coffee and tea. I desperately wanted a cuppa but no one came to offer and I couldn't attract the attention of a server. I came close to football-tackle one of them.

Why, oh why, serve coffee when it is just plain filtered coffee? When staying in Newcastle I would usually choose Jurys Inn because it was the most convenient for me, location-wise. They don't have the best breakfast in the world, but they provide the same coffee as Sandman, but on a help-yourself basis from an urn. I would have a hearty breakfast, for a pound less, and be in and out in 15 minutes.

One good thing at Sandmans - I was asked at check-out if everything was to my satisfaction. I replied that room was brilliant, but the breakfasts on both mornings were a disaster. I was given a refund for both breakfasts. That is what I called a result!

Sandman - the hotel ticks all my boxes, but sadly, not the breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the high floors. Those on the lower floors would be closer to noisy traffic from the main road.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank NNei

Dear NNei,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us. We really do appreciate each and every bit of feedback we get from our guests. I am happy to learn the hotel ticked all your boxes, please accept my apologies for the issues you faced during breakfast. I will certainly pass on your comments to our Shark Club Management team. I do hope you come and see us again soon, thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed last night (Sunday) with my partner for one night. The rooms are affordable and are kept clean and tidy. King room well equipped with tea/coffee making facilities, fridge, iron, microwave, ironing board. The decor in the hotel is new, modern and very fancy. The reception is beautiful and the staff were very helpful as there was difficulty with parking. When parking in the car park across from the hotel you must get a Permit from reception and park in designated bays...or risk getting a parking ticket! Would stay again definitely and perhaps for a longer stay as there is lots to do and see in Newcastle for all ages.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lori B
Kelly M, Front Office Manager at Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2014

Dear Lori B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel during your stay with us. It’s great to see you enjoyed not only your stay but your full experience of staying in Newcastle! We will use your feedback to assist in our goal of creating a great experience for all of our guests and your comments certainly will help us to achieve this.

Please come back and see us again soon!