“Always good!”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
“Always good!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I come here regularly and it just gets better every time! Food and service cannot be faulted! The people are always so nice, food comes quick and very reasonable prices x

“So accommodating! Extensive vegetarian menu”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We visited as a party of 9 consisting of two families on a Saturday evening at 5.30 as we were eating with two small children.

Based on previous reviews on trip advisor I was expecting the interior to be a bit shabby but was pleasantly surprised. I appreciate Chinese restaurants that LOOK like Chinese restaurants rather than the modern boring ikea style that a lot of them seem to go for now.

Considering we were dining with a very mixed bag of people based on tastes and ages, the restaurant couldn't be more accommodating if they tried. There was a large vegetarian menu that consisted of both traditional Chinese dishes and the usual favourites commonly eaten in the uk, we were spoilt for choice so ended up ordering 2 beancurd dishes, vegetables with cashew nuts in a birds nest and Kai Lan (a Chinese veg halfway between broccoli and cabbage which my carnivore boyfriend agreed could be eaten on it's own as a meal- it is so tasty)

Meat dishes were also exceptional and we ended up ordering way too much as nobody could make their mind up, we ended up taking four full takeaway containers home!

Serving staff were very friendly and were also very patient with my friend's 6 year old boy who is currently learning mandarin, I really appreciated this as sometimes I get the feeling that some restaurants treat kids as an inconvenience.

Another point that would win with any family eating out is the indoor pond which kept the kids entertained for ages.

Dinner for nine including drinks, starters, half a crispy duck and approximately 11 main courses, rice and noodles came in at a very reasonably priced £120 so exceptional value for money.

Will definitely be visiting again!

2 Thank Charlottetelf
London, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant in China Town!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Went to this restaurant for many years and prices have never changed! Lunch and dinner has always been fresh and tasty and has great quick service. Can't complain about this place!

• Visited May 2014
Northumberland, United Kingdom
“generous portions”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I have been part of a party of 120 school children visiting the Palace Garden over the last few years.The staff have always been attentive and work very hard to feed us all at the same time. The beef in blackbean sauce and sweet and sour chicken are one of our favourites. The endless prawn crackers, chips, rice and noodles is unbelievable.
The experience of using chopsticks is there if you want to be adventurous or if not there is a fork or spoon. The children loved trying a different culture and experiencing something new and exciting.
Thank you so much we will no doubt be back next year.

• Visited March 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“All about the Dim Sum”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Straight off, I love Palace Garden. The food is absolutely 1st class. I can't comment on the items from the "English Menu", as I've only ever ordered from the Chinese one, but the Dim Sum is fantastic. It's certainly very close in quality to Dim Sum I've eaten in Hong Kong. The staff are very very friendly and the service quick. I eat here fairly frequently and it's always just as good. I can't say a bad word about it. If you love Dim Sum, you really have to pop in.

1 Thank Andrewncl