“Great food, welcoming atmosphere!”
Review of Da Mimmo's - CLOSED

Da Mimmo's
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Went to Da Mimmos with a groupon voucher, restaurant is small but cosy, staff are a good laugh, portions are big, all chips rice etc is served in a seperate bowl! Clean and warm atmosphere. The party I went with were all happy with food and service and will definitely be returning.

2  Thank Neetsbee

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Had a Groupon voucher for 3 course meal for two. Very helpful staff. Liked the Italian ambiance. Clean and pleasant. Quiet background music. Mum had mushroom soup and I had potato skins. Both very nice. We both odered Calzone pizza for main. It was a nice big pizza that smelled lovely. Tasty Italian tomato base sauce on top delicious. It was really tasty. We both had ice cream for third course but could have chose coffee. They have a lunch time three course menu on. I think it was 8.95 or therabouts. I would go again soon. Very enjoyable and no hesitation in recommending to others.

3  Thank alma r
Reviewed 23 March 2014

First visit last night 22nd March 2014, definitely my last!
Busy, stinky bar with fed-up 'barmaid', no room at all, and right outside the stinking toilets. We were seated ok, for six, but the place was like a cafe, Gordon Ramsay would have a field day and that's not even counting the 'food'. But before I talk about this, I need to mention the waiters... they're just WEIRD!
Maybe I just don't get it, but I'm not really a fan of somebody who looks like Franck Ribery constantly walking past and saying "Helllloooo" in a fake, monstrous deep voice. Then when he brings your drink he makes such a fuss, same with placing a napkin on your lap... just get it done my friend, don't linger. Also, the worst was that out of six of us, two of our orders were wrong...
Anyway, as for the food, this was really one of the worst experiences I've had in a restaurant. Potato skins were virtually raw, and there was virtually no dip. I actually don't use the dips which is just as well.
When the pizzas arrived we sent two back immediately as one was a swimming pool and wrongly ordered, and the other one was the complete wrong order. All six pizzas came out undercooked.
My pizza was a simple ham and mushroom, and itwas highly undercooked. usually when pizzas are wafer thin they are nice and crispy... not this one! The main failing was the completely mushy and fake 'mozzarella', I've only once had this disgusting mess at another local restaurant (by four lane ends,I forget the name), and it's a disgrace. Has anybody ever bought 'mozzarella substitute' from a supermarket and really regretted it? well it's that rubbish. it's an absolute travesty that any restaurant uses cheap mush like this and passes it off as Italian cuisine... disgraceful!
fortunately we had a discount voucher, but out still stung having to pay for discussing food. maybe us Brits are too polite for our own good, as there's no way an American would have paid for any of what was served up to us last night.
AVOID!!!!!!!!

3  Thank mr_hercules
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

A group of us went to newcastle on a hen party & a 3 course meal was included in our package. We arrived about 30mins late but we had an early booking so it was no prob when we arrived. As the package was v. Cheap we wernt expecting the ritz but have to say we were pleasantly surprised with this place! Food was fab.....only downside was we missed desert as we had to rush off for a booze cruise. Waiter was a tad annoying but he was prob just trying to have a laugh as we were on a hen!

1  Thank rossie87
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Went to Da Mimmos on Saturday night with a Groupn voucher.The restaurant has now changed it's name but the night was just as good.Excellent food and wonderful staff make a good experience.

1  Thank Topman4