“RACIST OWNER. AVOID!!!!! ”
Review of Da Mimmo's - CLOSED

Da Mimmo's
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

This is the first time I have ever written a review but I feel so strongly about our experience I felt it necessary to warn other potential customers.
Myself and 3 friends had a meal at this restaurant yesterday. It was a Groupon deal. 3 course meal for 4 people.
We arrived at 1pm. The place was fairly empty. The food was promptly served and of average quality and the waitress was polite, that's as much credit as I can give this place.
When we finished our meal we asked for the bill and the owner (an Italian man in his 50s) asked us where we are from. 2 of our party are Irish and when we told him that he made a very offensive comment. Along the lines of IRA bombings. Too offensive to post on here.

We were absolutely disgusted and told him so. We also told him we would be reporting his comments on here and not paying the bar bill (only a fiver) he threatened to call the police.
We paid it and left.
What was supposed to be a lovely meal out with friends was ruined with his attitude and bigoted comments. I wouldn't eat in this place again if you paid me

7  Thank lyndseymartin

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My Mum and I recently went to Abari restaurant as we had been a few years ago to Da Mimmo's and loved it. We ordered from the 3 courses for £13.95 evening menu. We ordered and waited 30 minutes and our starters had still not been brought to us. Other customers who had come in after us had been served. When I made enquiries as to where our food was, we were told it would be out soon. The waitress then brought out our mains. I informed her we still hadn't had our starters. Our mains, when they did arrive, were then really cold. The food was very fatty and the dessert was very disappointing. We informed the waitress of this at the end but nothing was done about it and nobody came to apologise. As we were now in a rush, given that our order had been completely messed up, we simply paid and left. We would never go back.

3  Thank Joystick88
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Visited here for a friend birthday, they were short staffed but still provided excellent service. The food was very good. Expensive wine + dessert

1  Thank emmapnna
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Food was moderate, staff adequate but looked a bit disinterested. Even on a half price deal we couldn't get excited about it.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I visited here on a Groupon deal and expected as it was a deal the portions would be reflective. They weren't. The deal was for a family and included a large pizza of your choice along with a family pasta bowl and a drink each. The pizza was fantastic with plenty of topping and as fresh as they come. The pasta was served in a large bowl which you served yourself (and the kids) from which gave it a nice homely feel and again, plenty of it. They also make children feel very welcome as individuals and not irritants, something sadly lacking in a lot of places nowadays. Located just off the Haymarket next to St James Park and next to a lot of 'proper' pubs so great if you want to make a night of it.

1  Thank ChrisB197311