“Very good food. But quite expensive”

Las Iguanas - Newcastle
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, Brazilian, Latin, Spanish, South American, Central American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: It's been packed from day one, the new hot spot for lunch, dinner and cocktails. It's just the place to drop in for supper before or after a night out at the Theatre Royal too.
washington uk
“Very good food. But quite expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

have eaten here few times before. Always a good experience. The food is great. However I feel that it is too expensive. But the place is always full. I would certainly go back again because the experience is always great. Good service and food spot on.

• Visited October 2013

• Greek first
Northumberland
“Not the best meal...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Visited Las Iguanas on Saturday with some family, arrived at the restaurant at 9pm and quickly ordered our drinks! After about 20 minutes wait we had to ask the waitress about our drink order as it had been so long to be told another big party had just come in and they were serving them first! (not good enough) ordered our food soon after.. we all had starters which were okay but rather small for the price you pay!

Another half hour wait before our mains arrived, I ordered the classic burger and it was a little burnt and lacked flavour! One of the people on the table ordered the steak but was not asked how he would like it cooked so it came well done (I would have sent it back, but he was that hungry he just ate it)

Asked if we would like to see the dessert menu for which some of us did. I decided not to go for a dessert but some of the others did and looking at the portion size to how much they cost they were definitely not value for money! Apparently tasty enough though!

Would I come back? Probably not, it was the shocking slow service that got me and when the bill came we seen they had added a £21 service charge! Asked for this to be removed but still very sneaky! If we did not have to wait ages for our food and drink I don't think we would have minded paying this!

• Visited November 2013
Chehster-leStreet
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Excellent gluten free options

Good food however they had ran out of a number of items on the menu

I ordered a classic burger and they had ran out of coleslaw and substituted it for lettuce which was already part of the dish and didn't think of telling me. When I complained they brought me some salad cream!

The other two meals were good

Visited November 2013
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“A decent Mexican meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

This was a reasonable meal. My quesadilla starter lacked melted cheese, which I'm sure was mentioned on the menu, but tasted fine. My chimichanga main course was tasty though. Again not the best I've ever had, but I was content with it.

Visited November 2013
Choppington, United Kingdom
“Nice food but terrible service ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Went here the other Saturday night with a few friends for a meal and enjoyed the food on the whole, however we ordered our drinks and then had to ask again after it took ages for them to come. The prices are expensive for the amount you get, sharing starter was around £15 and it was rather small. However the terrible service has to be the worst part, we came in the restaurant at 9 and didn't leave till midnight! There was massive amounts of time between ordering and receiving the food and the place wasn't even full! They also snuck a £20 service charge onto the bill which was shear cheek so we asked this to be removed. Overall the food is nice but not worth the horrible service and expensive prices.