“Lunch on Father's Day”

Price range: US$7 - US$23
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: It's been packed from day one, the new hot spot for lunch, dinner and cocktails. It's just the place to drop in for supper before or after a night out at the Theatre Royal too.
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed the lunch here, my husband's choice as it was Father's Day. Took advantage of the happy hour! It's a great place to go if you love spicey food! Would recommend this place !

Write a ReviewReviews (2,075)

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

From the first moment i entered Las iguanas it became clear to me why this place has always been so popular. The quality of the food and service in particular was some of the best i've experienced in Newcastle, and our server Lauren was faultless and deserves praise for her attentive and friendly manner, despite it being packed on a wednesday night! We decided to come early and have a some of the 241 cocktails they have on offer, which turned out to be a wise decision as the Dark and Stormy cocktail (served in a jam jar!) recommended by Tony were fantastic.
From then on it got better and better, we were sat sharply in the extremely lively restaurant and were informed about the different offers they had on the menu. After we ordered the food came quickly and was piping hot! I had the calamares which were crispy and delicious, whilst my friend had the nachos with a delicious chorizo topping. Unreal! There was a short wait for our main course which was a
Xinxim (if i remember correctly) for myself and a sizzling steak fajita for my friend which looked and tasted fantastic! We were so full we had to skip desserts and wrapped up the bill.
With the food piping hot, a warm and friendly manner from all members of staff, and a fantastic looking place which is easy on the eye (especially Lauren!) we will definitely be returning.
Thank you Lauren, and Thank you Las Iguanas!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I visited Las iguanas with my girlfriends on Friday night as part of my hen night. it was fantastic, everyone is still talking about it, the food was great, we went down early and enjoyed the 2 for 1 cocktails! the staff were so friendly and helpful, they were lovely. And joined in with us too, helpping us by putting up our balloons, finding us a sexy waiter as part of our game and they even threw in a couple of free house cocktails which the girls decided I should drink!
I loved every second of the meal and it made my hen night one i won't forget!

Thanks to all the staff, you are great!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We took advantage of the happy hour and had two vodka (collins?) cocktail pitchers between the four of us the cocktail was delicious and really refreshing. Three of us chose from the lunch menu which is very reasonably priced. I had the beetroot and black bean burger which was lovely and the starters for £1.95 were really tasty. Delivery of our meal was a little slow but we weren't in a hurry and the waiter did apologise for it being late. All in all, a lovely lunch, would definitely come back if we visit Newcastle again

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Firstly, let me mention the staff, they are great. Very polite, helpful and attentive. The restaurant is very clean and stylish. The menu is good and there are plenty of drinks available. But there are two main problems. Firstly it's too expensive for what you get. The lunchtime menu is priced better than the evening one. Secondly and most importantly, the food is just average. It's nothing new or fancy or exciting. I wanted to love this place and was really excited about eating here, but the whole thing is just. Average. I wouldn't come back here through choice but may call in for a drink in passing as the bar is good.