“Lurve, Lurve, Lurve this place!!!”

Las Iguanas - Newcastle
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: It's been packed from day one, the new hot spot for lunch, dinner and cocktails. It's just the place to drop in for supper before or after a night out at the Theatre Royal too.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Lurve, Lurve, Lurve this place!!!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This has to be once of my fav places to visit, whether it for a BOGOF cocktail after work (go on a Wednesday it applies all day/night) or going with the girls for a lunch on a Saturday.

I have been many times before, last time I got the ALBONDIGAS - Lamb meat balls.... packed with so much flavour and a good size portion. I also have to get a bowl of Sweet Pot fries too which comes with a creamy aioli dip... Mmm!

The staff are really friendly and willing to answer any questions you have on any of the dishes.

We were asked once if everything was ok with the meal, my friend had FAJITAS and my friend say it was nice just a little too hot. The manager later appeared and apologied, she had went to taste the mixture and agreed it was hotter than normal and offered my friends food for free. We all thought that this was a great gesture and that it obv that staff are trained to a high level and that all feedback is given to the correct members of staff. After all we weren't at all complaning and didnt expect anything to do done.

One thing I would say is defo book a table, it can get full really quickly so always best to book a table.

• Visited April 2014

• Greek first
“Buzzing”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We had lunch here recently and it was fab! The waitress was attentive but not 'in our face', the atmosphere was cheerfully noisy but we could still converse. The food arrived hot and delicious - what more could you want? We would certainly go again and recommend a visit to anyone looking for a slightly different menu.

• Visited April 2014
Spennymoor, United Kingdom
“Lunch on Father's Day”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed the lunch here, my husband's choice as it was Father's Day. Took advantage of the happy hour! It's a great place to go if you love spicey food! Would recommend this place !

• Visited June 2014
Newcastle upon tyne
“A True Gem on Grey street”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

From the first moment i entered Las iguanas it became clear to me why this place has always been so popular. The quality of the food and service in particular was some of the best i've experienced in Newcastle, and our server Lauren was faultless and deserves praise for her attentive and friendly manner, despite it being packed on a wednesday night! We decided to come early and have a some of the 241 cocktails they have on offer, which turned out to be a wise decision as the Dark and Stormy cocktail (served in a jam jar!) recommended by Tony were fantastic.
From then on it got better and better, we were sat sharply in the extremely lively restaurant and were informed about the different offers they had on the menu. After we ordered the food came quickly and was piping hot! I had the calamares which were crispy and delicious, whilst my friend had the nachos with a delicious chorizo topping. Unreal! There was a short wait for our main course which was a
Xinxim (if i remember correctly) for myself and a sizzling steak fajita for my friend which looked and tasted fantastic! We were so full we had to skip desserts and wrapped up the bill.
With the food piping hot, a warm and friendly manner from all members of staff, and a fantastic looking place which is easy on the eye (especially Lauren!) we will definitely be returning.
Thank you Lauren, and Thank you Las Iguanas!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“great start to a hen night”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I visited Las iguanas with my girlfriends on Friday night as part of my hen night. it was fantastic, everyone is still talking about it, the food was great, we went down early and enjoyed the 2 for 1 cocktails! the staff were so friendly and helpful, they were lovely. And joined in with us too, helpping us by putting up our balloons, finding us a sexy waiter as part of our game and they even threw in a couple of free house cocktails which the girls decided I should drink!
I loved every second of the meal and it made my hen night one i won't forget!

Thanks to all the staff, you are great!

• Visited June 2014