“I love it here!”

Price range: US$6 - US$21
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: It's been packed from day one, the new hot spot for lunch, dinner and cocktails. It's just the place to drop in for supper before or after a night out at the Theatre Royal too.
Ponteland, United Kingdom
“I love it here!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is one of my favourite places to eat in Newcastle. The food is always really good - lots of wonderful tastes going on. My partner and I don't have big appetites so we find the 3 tapas for £14 perfect for us. That and a couple of glasses of wine and we are very happy bunnies.

The only downside is the noise when it's busy - maybe they need to add some soft furnishings to soak up some of the echoing chatter.

• Visited July 2014

• Greek first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great food, pretty loud once full!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Amazing food and good value, I always book before I go, once the restaurant is. Full it gets abit loud and I found myself shouting my conversation. Alcoholic drinks can be slightly overpriced for what you get but the food is great.

• Visited May 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“disgusting burger”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

DONT ORDER THE BURGER! dry bun, dry burger that is the half size of the bun, lots of gristle and tough bits of fat, macdonald's makes a better burger and they make the worst burgers!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank don j
LasIguanasHQ, Owner at Las Iguanas - Newcastle, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
We're sorry to hear you didn't like your burger Don! You don't mention whether you told us at the time so we could replace it with an alternative dish- we'd always encourage you to do that. Our burgers are 100% UK and Irish beef and I'm sorry that they weren't to your personal taste. Lucy- Las Iguanas
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely Las Iguanas”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great choice of food, service good, attentive without being in your face and Happy Hour 2 4 1 cocktails good value.

Visited July 2014
“Going downhill”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I'm sorry to say revisiting was a mistake, we found the starter chicken wings smothered in gloomy gravy, needed a good wash after,finger bowl not enough! Main course burger served on a white bun which was very soggy.
Didn't stay for desert, whole night spoilt,very busy so guess hey havnt time to prepare everything fresh

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Tileman_13
LasIguanasHQ, Owner at Las Iguanas - Newcastle, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for your comments and I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your food as much as usual. We prepare fresh food and sauces in the kitchen daily and would always encourage you to let us know if something isn't to your liking at the time so we can put it right there and then. I hope you will change your mind and give us another try in the future. Lucy- Las Iguanas