“Lovely Birthday”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2017

I live in Heaton and have been to La Vita on other occasions but the visit for my 21st birthday was a particularly great. The food is brilliant every time and is very well priced. The staff were so lovely and really added to the day, they were also very accommodating when all 12 of us had to pay separately! They made my day very special and made me feel so welcome, I will definitely be going again.

2  Thank katherinewhite500

Reviewed 25 May 2017

We've been visiting this place for a few years now, and we were very disappointed after this last time, service very slow even though the place was almost empty, very dry garlic bread, ordered with tomato and came without, over cooked (burnt) pizza, tasteless lasagne and very dry cannelloni with vastly undercooked pasta. I'm sorry to say following the change of management this place is just not the same, unfortunately we won't be returning anytime soon.

1  Thank Lily-Pond65
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

I looked online prior to booking this restaurant. It states that there is a lunchtime menu for £4.50. As it was close to Heaton Park and we could not decide between Sambucca or here we opted for the latter.
When we arrived at lunchtime we were the only customers. I asked the waiter for the lunch time menu to which he pointed at a menu which was £5.95. I quoted their website and was told it had not been updated for some time! Is this not false advertising? The only reason we went was due to the lunch time special!
The waiter was lovely and had a friendly manner with the children.
The starters came out very quickly and the potato skins were slightly warm and the tsatziki did not have pita bread but a slice of stottie cold with olive oil.
The pizza was thin and crisp but the quality of the cheese was questionable. The pasta was delicious and the children's pizza good if a little over salty.
The children's meal included a pancake which was delicious.
I won't be returning as felt I was there under false pretences and would rather have gone to the Butterfly cabinet as we first thought!
There's also a very dirty ladies toilet with no baby changing facilities.

1  Thank sasi7
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

This is our second time coming back recently when visiting family nearby.

With 2 babies and 2 other young children we have been so impressed with how relaxed the staff have been and how accommodating. Both times we popped in after being at the park and we managed to spend quality family time together

The food has been delicious and the early bird special is such a great price for the quality!

We will definitely be coming back!

1  Thank Mummyalice87
Reviewed 25 March 2017

Lived in Heaton all my life and never visited this restaurant however, I will be back. Lovely homemade food, helpful staff our waiter recommended a really nice bottle of wine, reasonable prices, what's not to like? Loved it.