“Spontaneous visit which turned in to an excellent night.”
Review of La Vita

La Vita
Ranked #234 of 1,390 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 October 2017

After picking our daughter up from work at 17.00pm decided rather than fight our way through traffic to stop off somewhere for a bite to eat. We decided upon Rustico (formerly La Vita). We were greeted very warmly and shown to our table where the owner told us he had only been open a couple of weeks after a full refurbishment and I have to say the place looked incredible. If that was incredible the food was out of this world and priced very reasonably. As they do Tapas we will be returning very shortly. The staff were very attentive and courteous and I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.

1  Thank Michael D

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

On our way back home we fancied stopping off for something to eat and we ended up at La Vita. I'd seen this restaurant before when at Khan's Indian just along the road and wondered what it was like. Went in about 6:30 and there was only one other couple in, although it did start to fill up as 7:30 ticked over. Typical rustic type interior with blackboards advertising wine and specials, but I liked it, it had a decent feel to it. The young lady who served us was excellent throughout, attentive, helpful and friendly, as was the older gentleman who started to serve later on. We went for the set 'early bird' special. I had beef kebabs to start which were a little dry but otherwise ok. My partner had potato skins which were excellent esp. the garlic sauce, quite possibly the best I've ever had. The waitress gave us an extra portion of it when we asked which was really good of her. I had penne carbonara for my main which was excellent, my partner had veg canollini which she said was ok but a little dry. We also ordered a half and half pizza garlic bread: plain on one half and with cheese on the other half. The cheese side was v good, the plain side a little dry. I had ice cream to finish and we had two cokes during the meal. Bill was a very reasonable £ 21. We both have been in better Italians (for food quality) but overall we were pretty happy with our visit. Portions were generous and the value for money was good. We'd defo call again.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

If I could give this place a lower rating I would!

We were stuck somewhere to go on a Sunday for lunch and decided on LA VITA big mistake we walked in and greeted by a waitress who informed us she would be with us in a minute the restaurant had roughly about 8-10 people in we proceeded to wait 5 mins before being sat down. After we were seated we pretty much decided on what we were have ( I was having Sunday lunch special starter potato skin and main beef dinner for £6.50 and my mrs had garlic prawns penne carbonara and garlic bread) we waited and waited and waited I got fed up at this point and called a waiter over he stopped on his way over to have a chat at a table which I imagine were his friends as he was hugging and high giving them I then asked could we order he then told me he young girl would take my order.... he then walked away and took his friends table order after another 5 mins ( 20 mins in total from us sitting down ) the young girl took our drink and food order. She came back with our drinks water and the flattest cheapest rola cola you could find.... we waited another 20 mins for our starters bearing in mind there were only 8-10 people in the place not including us, my garlic mayo looked like it was left over from someone elses plate my mrs' prawn we boiled within an inch of there lives the sauce ( very watery ) was tasteless and everything else on the plate was swimming in it then our main came I was presented with store bought burnt roast potatoes burnt aunt Bessie Yorkshire pudding boil in the bag Asda veg with watery tasteless gravy also two slices of beef to which on investigation one was a big slab of fat as found the chef/waitresses hair on my plate, my Mrs carbonara was edible in her words but the garlic bread was as hard as a 2 by 4 plank and just as dry then the young Italian waiter came over to ask if everything was all right and proceeded to stand over us as we ate just looking and smiling at us we paid up and got out as fast as we could never to return again this place is just horrendous please never try this place it is simply shocking

6  Thank bosscal
Reviewed 25 May 2017

I live in Heaton and have been to La Vita on other occasions but the visit for my 21st birthday was a particularly great. The food is brilliant every time and is very well priced. The staff were so lovely and really added to the day, they were also very accommodating when all 12 of us had to pay separately! They made my day very special and made me feel so welcome, I will definitely be going again.

2  Thank katherinewhite500
Reviewed 25 May 2017

We've been visiting this place for a few years now, and we were very disappointed after this last time, service very slow even though the place was almost empty, very dry garlic bread, ordered with tomato and came without, over cooked (burnt) pizza, tasteless lasagne and very dry cannelloni with vastly undercooked pasta. I'm sorry to say following the change of management this place is just not the same, unfortunately we won't be returning anytime soon.

1  Thank Lily-Pond65