“Never again”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

We waited over an hour for our food after ordering even though the restaurant was nearly empty. Our birthday party was spoilt by the very rude manager /chef who accused us of paying £20 short. Our money had been double checked and we had added a generous tip. He became very aggresive towards us. The young waitress who took our money soon disappeared out of sight. NEVER EAT HERE... THEY ARE DISHONEST.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank LizDena

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Called into Rustico (as it is now known) for a tea time special after walking out of another Italian place not far away.
What can I say, the quality of the food was absolutely b-e-au-ti-ful, mamma mia! ...and all for 6.99. What a lovely fresh salad with oils, bread, feta and olives for starters and then an even more wonderful chicken breast with mushroom sauce and rice.. been craving it ever since!
The staff were so friendly and warm and the place inside is an absolute delight, warm cosy fire and nipping clean. I love it here and looking forward to returning.

Thanks Rustico! x

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank still2
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Four of us ate here having not been in for some time. We were enticed by the refurbishment - which looks great. The staff were attentive and friendly.
However the food was not as good. We went for the Albanian menu which was a mistake. The mezze starter was a plate piled with food resembling a greedy person’s visit to a wedding buffet. It was a confusion of olives, meat, salad etc with two huge pieces of pie on the top. It was hard to know where to start and left us feeling full at the end. The main courses were similarly confused.
We shall go again and stick to the Italian menu which they will hopefully be more competent with. We would love there to be a great Italian so close to home but still need to be convinced.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 9 October 2017

After picking our daughter up from work at 17.00pm decided rather than fight our way through traffic to stop off somewhere for a bite to eat. We decided upon Rustico (formerly La Vita). We were greeted very warmly and shown to our table where the owner told us he had only been open a couple of weeks after a full refurbishment and I have to say the place looked incredible. If that was incredible the food was out of this world and priced very reasonably. As they do Tapas we will be returning very shortly. The staff were very attentive and courteous and I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Michael D
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

On our way back home we fancied stopping off for something to eat and we ended up at La Vita. I'd seen this restaurant before when at Khan's Indian just along the road and wondered what it was like. Went in about 6:30 and there was only one other couple in, although it did start to fill up as 7:30 ticked over. Typical rustic type interior with blackboards advertising wine and specials, but I liked it, it had a decent feel to it. The young lady who served us was excellent throughout, attentive, helpful and friendly, as was the older gentleman who started to serve later on. We went for the set 'early bird' special. I had beef kebabs to start which were a little dry but otherwise ok. My partner had potato skins which were excellent esp. the garlic sauce, quite possibly the best I've ever had. The waitress gave us an extra portion of it when we asked which was really good of her. I had penne carbonara for my main which was excellent, my partner had veg canollini which she said was ok but a little dry. We also ordered a half and half pizza garlic bread: plain on one half and with cheese on the other half. The cheese side was v good, the plain side a little dry. I had ice cream to finish and we had two cokes during the meal. Bill was a very reasonable £ 21. We both have been in better Italians (for food quality) but overall we were pretty happy with our visit. Portions were generous and the value for money was good. We'd defo call again.

Date of visit: June 2017