“Jesmond park ho-S-tel...”

and 1 more site!
Jesmond Park Hotel
“Jesmond park ho-S-tel...”
Reviewed 10 May 2012 via mobile

First and certainly last trip to this armpit of a hotel. Up here with work for 3 nights and am writing this on the final night. First of all greeted by a bloke having a fag at the front door, very professional no? Arsey with me about having to park my van, didn't wanna upset his "regulars" by taking "their" spaces. Not walked from Yorkshire pal. First night was Tuesday, which is student night up here and 90% of the population around here are students. Woken up at 12:00am, 3:00am and 4:30am thanks to various screaming students and taxis. Breakfast was sound, not a problem, didnt like the idea of leaving my key on a board to get the room serviced. (come to that in a minute...) anyways, got in weds tea time, no clean towel, no tea, coffee or milk but all the bits and bobs I'd left on the table had been moved about. Tidyed I suppose . Same again Thursday, but today I had milk, coffee etc but it seems it was traded for something. Amongst my bits and bobs (which again, had been moved) was a Nintendo ds game. No longer present. Now this is a very serious allegation to make but 100% true. There's currently no one here to speak to about this, but I will address this asap in the morning. The room is 4ft by 10ft so not a massive space to look in. If found or returned I shall edit this review, if not, let it be known that your property is not safe at this hotel. It may only be a £20 game but it's not the point. Oh and the dirty communal shower is blocked. Before you book...just don't.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank lufcdean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I have spent a couple of nights a week at this B & B for the past five months as I was working in Newcastle.

It is situated in Jesmond, but is set back from the very lively Osborne Road so is not too noisy. I did stay at a couple of other B & Bs before I found this one, but this was by far the most welcoming and comfortable. I stayed in a variety of rooms all of which were en suite and of a good standard. All came with tea and coffee plus a decent sized TV. The rooms on the second floor are quite small, but all of the other rooms were a good size. There is free internet access, but ideally you should be on the ground or first floor if you require that. All of the rooms were clean although the decor is a little dated.

Breakfast was good with orange juice, cereals and a choice of items for a cooked breakfast. Plenty of fresh coffee too. The B & B has a bar too, but I didn't use it as there are so many nearby anyway. Over the time there I got to know the staff very well and found them friendly and helpful.

If you are driving to Newcastle be aware that nearly the entire Jesmond area is residence parking and it is monitored day and night. The B & B has some off-street parking, which means you have to pull up onto the pavement. I never had a problem finding a parking place (they have room for about eight cars), but it does take some getting used to.

Room Tip: Ground floor or first floor if you need good internet access.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I stayed at the jesmond park hotel last night with my family while we were visiting our brother who is at Newcastle university. For the price you pay this b&b is really good value for money. Clean, comfortable rooms with all the space and facilities you need. The shower was pretty good too- a power shower. We were served a lovely breakfast in the morning an the staff were so friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend jesmond park hotel for excellent value for money in Newcastle. We will definitely stay there again when visiting our brother.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Shellbelle25
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Very friendly staff and with no complaints there. Stayed saturday night and god did we know it, the hotel is right in the middle of the students residents area and the noice they made coming home was shocking. Might have been nice for our room to be made up after first nights stay, also the coffee , tea and milk to have been topped up. Breakfast was lovely but no napkins were laid out on table or near cereals as they were the previous morning. Don't get me wrong if I was out on the razz with the lads it would have been perfect but with the wife it was not so. But I did have a marvellous weekend.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank WedgerI
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Stayed 6 weeks at hotel whilst working in Newcastle. Excellent location in Jesmond area and within walking distance of bars and restaurants but far enough to avoid noise. 5 minutes walk from Metro so easy to travel around area. Hotel clean and comfortable. Rooms a good size and plenty of hot water. Breakfast is good and there is a quiet lounge area to use in the evenings. Excellent free wi-fi connection. Hotel owner and staff very friendly and go to great lengths to provide a homely atmosphere. Would recommend this hotel for either short or long term stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Kim B

Travellers are raving about these Newcastle upon Tyne hotels

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I stayed here with a friend for a long weekend as we went to Newcastle to go to Evolution Festival. There was a problem when we tried to check in as they told us we had no booking, but then the man checked again and found that we had actually booked and we pre paid for the room. The room was pretty basic, but had everything we would need for the weekend. En suite was a good size, although the shower door was broken ! Staff were very friendly, they offered to carry our bags up to our room which was good, as being two small females it would of been a mission up to the 3rd floor ! In other reviews people have said that it wasnt the cleanest hotel, I personally thought it was fine, just the same as any chain hotel would be. Good location. Breakfast was nice, and was included in the price of the hotel so that was good. Ive only been to Newcastle once but if I was to go again I would definately think about staying here. Great value for money.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Cowdenbeath, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2011

This hotel is clean nice and a friendly atmosphere but it had downsides which over ruled the good.

We had 3 rooms booked out - a family room, twin room and double room, the family and twin room were very spacious and en-suites where good. Unfortunately the double room was small and cramped and the en-suite was tiny when you opened the door the toilet hit of the toilet pan itself and the nib on the door that keeps it locked hit of the tiles when opening the door. You couldn't swing a cat in the place.

Towels - Our room actually had no towels when we went in, i asked a member of staff for towels and he said he would get them, we never received them, i had to borrow a towel of one of my friends rooms to share between 2 people for a full weekend.
Next day i asked again for towels and they refused to give us any - tried to say their were towels in the room - which their clearly wasn't. I explained to them that we borrowed one towel out our friends room because we had none but they still wouldn't give us any. They told us you only get clean towels every 3 days which is very unhygienic. So we went Friday to Sunday with 1 towel - disgraceful.

Staff - very friendly and good to have a chat to, especially the wee guy who's on at nights.

Would i go back? No
Would i recommend it? No

Room Tip: The twin room - number 18 is large spacious and had a large double sofa bed and big tv and clean on...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends