“jesmond park hotel newcastle”
Review of Jesmond Park Hotel

Jesmond Park Hotel
and 1 more site!
Jesmond Park Hotel
Motcombe, United Kingdom
“jesmond park hotel newcastle”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

My husband and i stayed at this hotel on 24th and 25th may.We were met by an old lady who was very nice but wasn't too sure what she was doing.We had to fill out a form for breakfast not realising that is what we would get every morning.We were on the top floor in a small room which got too hot.It was clean and so was the shower room.The bed and pillows [one each] were very lumpy with a heavy duvet. We were right in the middle of student land.On the first night there was a party close by.It started at 12.30 am and finished at 06.30 am.We got no sleep at all.The next night was party time too tho not quite so bad.Outside by the car was strewn rubbish and broken glasses.One of the neighbours was cleaning it up.I have to say the staff were very nice and helpfull, but the hotel is very shabby with squeaky doors and floors.The dining room is very cramped.I'm sorry but we won't be staying there again or recommending it mainly because of the noise.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jeniferandrews

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

The staff were immensely friendly. Myself and 2 friends stayed for a weekend. Was very close to the city centre. Little bit too far to walk however taxi was £4 so can't complain. Had the breakfast each morning. Was an average fry up. Rooms were clean and exactly what we needed. All in all a very very good place to stay. Would recommend to anyone wanting an hotel that is very good value for money. Will be using this hotel again later in the year!!!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank PhilN02
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Stayed here while visiting our daughter who lives in Jesmond while at Uni. Very friendly staff had a ground floor room as they kindly allowed our two dog's to stay. Shower room tiny but clean. Parking outside the front door.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2012 via mobile

First and certainly last trip to this armpit of a hotel. Up here with work for 3 nights and am writing this on the final night. First of all greeted by a bloke having a fag at the front door, very professional no? Arsey with me about having to park my van, didn't wanna upset his "regulars" by taking "their" spaces. Not walked from Yorkshire pal. First night was Tuesday, which is student night up here and 90% of the population around here are students. Woken up at 12:00am, 3:00am and 4:30am thanks to various screaming students and taxis. Breakfast was sound, not a problem, didnt like the idea of leaving my key on a board to get the room serviced. (come to that in a minute...) anyways, got in weds tea time, no clean towel, no tea, coffee or milk but all the bits and bobs I'd left on the table had been moved about. Tidyed I suppose . Same again Thursday, but today I had milk, coffee etc but it seems it was traded for something. Amongst my bits and bobs (which again, had been moved) was a Nintendo ds game. No longer present. Now this is a very serious allegation to make but 100% true. There's currently no one here to speak to about this, but I will address this asap in the morning. The room is 4ft by 10ft so not a massive space to look in. If found or returned I shall edit this review, if not, let it be known that your property is not safe at this hotel. It may only be a £20 game but it's not the point. Oh and the dirty communal shower is blocked. Before you book...just don't.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank lufcdean

Travellers are raving about these Newcastle upon Tyne hotels

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I have spent a couple of nights a week at this B & B for the past five months as I was working in Newcastle.

It is situated in Jesmond, but is set back from the very lively Osborne Road so is not too noisy. I did stay at a couple of other B & Bs before I found this one, but this was by far the most welcoming and comfortable. I stayed in a variety of rooms all of which were en suite and of a good standard. All came with tea and coffee plus a decent sized TV. The rooms on the second floor are quite small, but all of the other rooms were a good size. There is free internet access, but ideally you should be on the ground or first floor if you require that. All of the rooms were clean although the decor is a little dated.

Breakfast was good with orange juice, cereals and a choice of items for a cooked breakfast. Plenty of fresh coffee too. The B & B has a bar too, but I didn't use it as there are so many nearby anyway. Over the time there I got to know the staff very well and found them friendly and helpful.

If you are driving to Newcastle be aware that nearly the entire Jesmond area is residence parking and it is monitored day and night. The B & B has some off-street parking, which means you have to pull up onto the pavement. I never had a problem finding a parking place (they have room for about eight cars), but it does take some getting used to.

Room Tip: Ground floor or first floor if you need good internet access.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I stayed at the jesmond park hotel last night with my family while we were visiting our brother who is at Newcastle university. For the price you pay this b&b is really good value for money. Clean, comfortable rooms with all the space and facilities you need. The shower was pretty good too- a power shower. We were served a lovely breakfast in the morning an the staff were so friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend jesmond park hotel for excellent value for money in Newcastle. We will definitely stay there again when visiting our brother.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Shellbelle25
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Very friendly staff and with no complaints there. Stayed saturday night and god did we know it, the hotel is right in the middle of the students residents area and the noice they made coming home was shocking. Might have been nice for our room to be made up after first nights stay, also the coffee , tea and milk to have been topped up. Breakfast was lovely but no napkins were laid out on table or near cereals as they were the previous morning. Don't get me wrong if I was out on the razz with the lads it would have been perfect but with the wife it was not so. But I did have a marvellous weekend.

• Stayed February 2012