“Great staff, couldn't be happier!”

Sleeperz Hotel Newcastle
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I booked a night for two at Sleeperz for my girlfriend and her friend. They didn't have an option to arrange a little bottle of bubbly and box of chocolates on arrival but I got in touch with the manager, Deborah Parkinson via email and she was super helpful. She arranged eveything for me including arrival times, payment, gifts in room etc.

A few days before the stay I was called by a very friendly member of staff just to double check all the details which was a nice touch.

The cost and the quality of the room were both excellent and and the hotel itself was a nice little place.

My girlfriend had travelled down to Newcastle for a gig and the hotel staff were very helpful with directions and recommendations on where to go for drinks/eats etc.

All in all I couldn't be happier with the whole experience from booking to the actual stay to check out and I would highly recommend staying here to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jamie P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,081)

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Sleeperz is a very modern hotel very close to Central Station. A bit too close really and as well as the sound of the trains we also had to contend with the noisy Metro trains rattling over a nearby bridge!
The room itself was very good with ample storage, tea/coffee facilities and a good quality TV central to the bed. The shower/WC was a frosted glass pod which worked well and the mirror managed to stay condensation free.
The air conditioning was a little noisy (the windows don't open) as were some of the other guests and we were also woken in the early hours by room service accidentally ringing us which didn't go down too well.
The breakfast area was very clean and we were fairly impressed with the quality of the food.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Centrally located hotel which appears recently built. On arrival greeted by friendly person at the desk. The hotel has a modern decor. The rooms are well laid, the bed was comfy and shower good. Breakfast had a good variety. The only negative is that the hotel doesn't have parking. Overall impression is of a new hotel which is well run and good value,

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Travis M
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed at Sleeperz for one night as I was working in Newcastle the following day. First impressions are every good and the staff are excellent, Tess on the front desk deserves particular mention. The rooms are clean, modern and have everything that you need. I also like the fact that they offer room service.

My main complaints however are due to the noise. I was first allocated a room on the 5th floor overlooking the station. As soon as I went in I could hear the trains passing over the points and after 5 minutes I decided to switch rooms. This wasnt a problem and they moved me to a room at the front of the hotel on the 3rd floor. Again the room was clean and had everything but the noise this time came from the street. Whilst I appreciate that city centre hotels have a great deal more noise than those in the country, I would have expected a brand new hotel to have far better double glazing than it does.

Despite all this I was able to drop off to sleep but then woke at approx 11.30pm to hear water running in my room. It wasn't just the pipes but appeared to be coming from above the bathroom ceiling and was a substantial leak, albeit not one that I could see. I had to call reception who sent someone to look into this and it turns out that the person in the room above was having a shower. I asked if it would be a problem the following morning and was assured it wouldnt be but once again at 6.15am the water starts again.

Overall I dont think I would stay at Sleeperz again, but if you're a heavy sleeper the staff, location and decor are all excellent.

Room Tip: Choose the front (odd numbers) over the back (even).
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CliftonCampers
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Stayed at Sleeperz last night after a gig at the arena. The chap on the front desk checked us in and was extremely pleasant without coming across as fake or annoying - asked what we were there for and knew about the gig and the band (Rammstein) offered us directions to the arena...
Room was clean and fresh - although you would expect that from a brand new hotel. I was a little concerned about the frosted glass door to the bathroom, hubby assured me he couldn't see me on the loo!
The bed was very comfortable and we made use of the extra pillows to sit up and watch a little freeview tv to wind down after the show.
Ideal location only minutes from the station and from quayside and city centre if that's what you are going for.
We were literally just crashing there and had no food or drinks so can't comment on them.
Only downside - proximity to trains - but we knew about that when we booked and to honest they didn't really bother us despite being in a room which was practically in the station car park. Light sleepers should probably request a room at the front of the building.
In all, excellent value for money at under £60 - have a lot more for a lot less in the past.

Room Tip: The front of the building is further from the train line and will be better for light sleepers.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Our overnight stay in this recently opened city hotel was a surprise birthday gift for my train anorak husband.
The staff had been helpful when I booked the room, overlooking the Castle Keep, the Tyne Bridge, but primarily the railway line. Having previously shown me the superior 4th. floor room, with floor to ceiling windows, and commanding panorama of Newcastle and Gateshead, this certainly ticked all the boxes.
Our room was clean, comfortable and proved an excellent photography platform. Our self-service breakfast was good, hot and fresh. My only suggestion would be to include a couple of armchairs, there’s enough space in the room and then you could admire all the views in comfort.
We enjoyed our stay at Sleeperz, it’s pleasant, clean, competitively priced, and convenient for rail travellers, business people, and of course train buffs.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Stayed at the Sleeperz in Newcastle with my family (13 and 10 year olds) during half term. Excellent hotel, very close to the station and local amenaties. Double bed was very comfy and the children loved the bunk beds. High quality linen. Great design and felt like a boutique hotel. No noise issues whatsoever, with thick double galzing. Friendly staff and decent breakfast and a great price. Very happy overall. Newcatle was a great day trip location too - and a nice change from a trip to London.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family