“the night porter Ron is a credit to the hotel.”

Sleeperz Hotel Newcastle
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“the night porter Ron is a credit to the hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

only had a short stop at the hotel with a very late arrival and a very early check out, but Ron the night shift porter was extremely helpful, great credit to the hotel a total gentleman.
the hotel was sparkling clean, and the service was very friendly.

Room Tip: was only here for a very short stop, so not to much I can say on the choice of rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManager1969, Manager at Sleeperz Hotel Newcastle, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you so much for 5 star review, Ron will be pleased that he got a lovely mention. Kind regards Javeed Anwar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Sleeperz Hotel Newcastle
Our stay was extremely disappointing. "Superior" room very small possible the same size as a standard room but labeled "A SUPERIOR ROOM" for the price we paid which was well above average and ridiculous at £140.00 which converted into Euros was €173.00. You'd expect a cremè de le cremè but it was far from it.
1. The tea and coffee facilities was very dirty including the drawer which holds it, dry dirty sugar stuck to same.
2. The bed border base was all torn and would resemble a torn rag.
3. When we requested an iron we waited 25mins & I had to go to reception to request it again where three staff where standing chatting and I had to interrupt there conversation to request it again.
4. Wifi strength very poor or as good as non existent.
5. The Bathroom put it like this I wouldn't wash my dog in it.
6. Floors where filthy.
It's an awful shame when a place like Sleeperz Hotel Newcastle offers a state of the art place when really its a dungeon/dump!

• Stayed April 2014
We have now searched through our systems to try and match your review with your guest stay records as we simply could not believe that this review was representative of a stay at Sleeperz, however without a name it is very difficult to do. It is quite a surprise to read such a derogatory and offensive review 3 months after the stay date. It is also surprising that the items you list were not mentioned during your stay which would have allowed us to resolve them or change your room; surely if a delay to an ironing board was worth going to reception for, a bathroom as bad as you allege would have resulted in mentioning at reception. We have raised doubt about the validity of this review with Tripadvisor. You will have read other guests reviews which paint a completely different picture of our hotels high standards of cleanliness and service (backed up by a Tripadvisor certificate of excellence award), these will give guests a more balanced view. Javeed Anwar
Horsham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Check in was a little confused but eventually sorted out. The bedroom itself was nice, with a decent comfy bed and a good television. Tea and coffee making facilities were adequate.The en-suite wet room initially caused some doubt but we adapted by singing when appropriate and making sure the shower pointed straight at the drain. We weren't too bothered by the lack of storage in the room. We did manage to borrow an iron and board. We asked for a replacement hairdryer but accepted the sellotape repair provided instead. We didn't have breakfast in the hotel as we knew that Newcastle was blessed with excellent and varied establishments for that purpose. The location was excellent for the station and the Metro. Also good for running, with easy access to both sides of the Tyne. Check-out was not confused at all.

Room Tip: The higher up the better I would think. The fourth floor seemed quiet enough, despite Newcastle Cent...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager1969, Manager at Sleeperz Hotel Newcastle, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. As you say, the central location is ideal for a run along the Tyne. Kind regards Javeed Anwar
York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This was brilliant for being so close to the station and the place where I was working, so no need for taxis and I could have a relaxing breakfast, as I was never going to be late for work. I had to wait quite a while for lunch to arrive even when I was the only one waiting. The room was ok except that the rubbish wasn't cleared every day and the very thin plastic bag in the bin disintegrated with the wet tea bags. There were more pluses than minuses though and I would stay again, mainly because of the convenience.

• Stayed July 2014
Happy to hear that you will be back to stay with us again, thanks for the review. Kind regards Javeed Anwar
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I've been staying her 4 nights a week for the last three weeks, so feel I am in a good place to review fairly.
Good bits
The rooms are great, if a little small. Thoughtfully designed - bright room with big windows, climate control, big telly, really nice bathroom. Generally a nice place to be as a single traveler, probably cramped with two though.
The staff are fine, friendly enough but most seem inexperienced, there is a lack of customer focus.
Room service is available at no extra charge and the good is well priced and average quality.

Bad bits
The room cards die too easily, have to get mine reset every other day - each time the staff blame me for keeping it near my phone - which I don't! They don't recognise me either, so keep telling me the same story (earlier point re lack of customer focus)
The coat hangers are heavy steel - slightly knock them and you get a hell of a racket.
You have to leave a deposit if you want room service - slightly inconvenient.
The menu is incorrect, eg says you can have becks on draft but you can't.

The most annoying thing in the world that management need to sort out...
They call you the night before you are due to arrive and demand to know a check in time, if you are business or leisure and to check if there are one or two of you staying.
For me, I normally get a call around 8.30 on a Sunday evening, I have to leave my house at 3.30am Monday, so am normally in bed. If you don't answer they leave a voicemail requesting a call back, causing undue anxiety as the first thought is that they are overbooked or something.
This call seems to be of little value to anyone, yet a huge inconvenience to customers.
I told them this and asked not to do it next week yet they did it both the following Sundays. This is really annoying and if it happens agai. I will stop staying - seems like a stupid reason to lose a customer!

So generally good - I'm sure you will enjoy your stay, but bear in mind the above few points, hopefully management will address the issues, it wouldn't be difficult.

If they stop calling me on my weekends, I will move to 4 star.

Room Tip: Family rooms are the best, 519 is amazing - two walls are floor to ceiling glass, private balcony an...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Jnoosh
Thank you for your very comprehensive feedback on your recent stays with us. The management do take very seriously any issues raised by guests and we have already put a message on your profile in our system to avoid the pre arrival courtesy calls (which interestingly many of our guests really like). It might actually be best if we discussed some of your concerns in person during you next visit, our General Manager will look out for your next booking and introduce himself. Kind regards Javeed Anwar
malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Close to central station, free wifi, modern rooms etc etc. I'm sure you can read the other reviews. Particularly impressed because I left a pair of earrings in my room which they not only located but posted to my address free of charge. Thank you lexie!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for the excellent review, happy to have re-united you with you lost earrings. Kind regards Javeed Anwar
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I loved my stay here! I would definitely come back again. The location is perfect, close to train station, shopping and sightseeing. The room was clean, I loved the shower. The mirror also has an anti fog thing which is great after having showers. Bed was comfy. Breakfast is basic but good.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
GeneralManager1969, Manager at Sleeperz Hotel Newcastle, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you so much for your 'great' review. So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will definitely come back. Kind regards Javeed Anwar