“Lovely stay, helpful staff, very lovely breakfast!!”

Sleeperz Hotel Newcastle
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Me and my wife travelled down from east lothian and had a pleasant overnight stay. Lovely cosy room with a comfy bed, and a cracking view of the castle keep and the Tyne bridge. Perfect location for the city centre and the station and metro as well. I'm glad we took the option of adding on the breakfast - great value buffet, and the sausages are lovely!! We shall return. Many thanks, Anne and Neil Philp, wallyford, east lothian.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 81Neil777
GeneralManager1969, Manager at Sleeperz Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you so much for a lovely review. Very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards Javeed Anwar

There are newer reviews for Sleeperz Hotel Newcastle

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I loved my stay here. Room was comfy, shower was powerful, bed was great. Staff friendly and helpful.

Location great.

Breakfast yummy.

Perfect situation for the station and also the city centre.

I rill be sick!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Outstanding, what more can I say but thank you so much for your review. Kind regards Javeed Anwar

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed here with my boyfriend from Fri - Mon

I am very ocd about cleanliness and would never walk on a floor in my bare feet, however, in this hotel i felt right at home. Apart from a few tea stains on the bedside table the rest of the room and hotel was extremely clean and could not fault the cleaners in anyway.

When we first entered the hotel we were asked to sign a letter and were given our room key and wifi password, the staff were very friendly & couldn't fault them in anyway. Also prior to our arrival they called me a week before to ask if everything was okay, Check in time was 2pm? i think but my bus was arriving at 8.30am, I asked if there was any chance we could check in early expecting maybe 11pm but we were allowed to check in at 9am, 5 stars to them that is what i call excellent customer service.

Although there was a train station right next to the hotel i never heard a thing and I'm a very light sleeper, The rooms are all very modern, the only think i was not to keen on is the design of the door on the toilet it is glass and see through.

After 11pm the doors get locked and you need to buzz to get into the hotel, which i think is an excellent idea as it made me feel more secure knowing that not any tom, dick or harry was walking about the corridors.

This hotel i would say is more for couples & Buisness, I would not come here with a group of friends going on a hen/ stag party, However i would come back and stay again with my boyfriend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for a 'perfect' review, it is always a pleasure to hear from satisfied guests. Come back soon. Kind regards Javeed Anwar

Reviewed 25 July 2014

It is bright, friendly and clean with the bonus of being a few minutes walk away from the station.
My friend stayed on the first night and it was definitely a squeeze for two of us as there is just
a leather stool and as we are in our mid 60's with back problems it wasn't ideal but the wing
chairs in the lobby are very comfortable.

The bathroom is very small, but compact with shelves for your shower products. There are other shelves but no drawers and coat hangers but no wardrobe. It is designed for a short stay.
I was on my own the second night and thought that it would be good for one person.

The staff were helpful at all times, there is a safety deposit box in the room and storage to leave
luggage in the foyer. Also the internet is free and there are newspapers in the lobby. The pre booked breakfast was good value for money. I would recommend it to friends and family visiting the area.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor. We walked the stairs most of the time but the lift is very speedy an...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for recommending us to your friends and family, so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Kind regards Javeed Anwar

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed in Sleeperz for two nights over the weekend on a boys trip away. Hotel is perfect for this kind of trip but would not consider it for a romantic break. Staff are friendly if a bit under trained. Room is clean and grand to crash in but not a space you'd hang out in. All in all it suited the purpose of the trip great. Location is excellent. didn't eat here so can't comment on that side of things. Good wifi for free was a positive.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
GeneralManager1969, Manager at Sleeperz Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thanks for the review, it sounds like, overall you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have a great bar that you can hang out in as an alternative to your room. Kind regards Javeed Anwar

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Have to stay - really really good stay. Only 3 mins walk from Newcastle Central Station. Staff extremely helpful. Rooms modern, clean and compact and beds v comfy! Free WI-FI throughout. Great buffet breakfast hot and cold selection every morning. We'll definitely be back to a Sleeperz hotel on our next city break! Excellent value for money too!

Stayed: July 2014

Wow, a 5 Star review, I love to see 5 star reviews, thank you so much. Happy to hear that you would stay with us again on your next city break. Kind regards Javeed Anwar

Reviewed 17 July 2014

only had a short stop at the hotel with a very late arrival and a very early check out, but Ron the night shift porter was extremely helpful, great credit to the hotel a total gentleman.
the hotel was sparkling clean, and the service was very friendly.

Room Tip: was only here for a very short stop, so not to much I can say on the choice of rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManager1969, Manager at Sleeperz Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you so much for 5 star review, Ron will be pleased that he got a lovely mention. Kind regards Javeed Anwar