“Lovely Staff, Wicked room!”

Sleeperz Hotel Newcastle
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely Staff, Wicked room!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I just stayed at the Sleeperz hotel on Friday 1st August for 2 nights.
- The Check in was quick & easy, Staff were lovely. The young lady behind the desk with dark hair was so bubbly & friendly! We got into our room, it was spotless. Beds are really comfy with extra spare pillows supplied, Nice powerful shower & bright bathroom. Mirror was was steam proof. TV worked fine with loads of channels, We got room service which was great the ice-cream & strawberries was just what i needed. :) Ideal location literally 2 min work to Eldon Square Shopping Centre, Train station and a 1 minute walk to Collingwood Street (where all nightlife is) I slept fine with no noise and there was loads of young people staying there (including myself) but never was woken up with noise and everyone seemed really well behaved. There is a night guard therefore no drunken randoms running around the hall way. The hotel its self is modern, cosy, comfy and really welcoming. The prices for food & drink within the hotel is very reasonable! There is also a temperature control in your room therefore you can control if you want your room chilled or cosy which is perfect! I recommend booking here :) All & All I'd say 4 out of 5 stars :)! Brill !!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a good view :) All Rooms are bright with one wall completely glass its lovely!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank amy s
GeneralManager1969, Manager at Sleeperz Hotel Newcastle, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thanks for a 'brill' review, I think you summed up the hotel beautifully. Kind regards Javeed Anwar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Turkish first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Fantastic location, we booked two rooms one for us one for friends. My friends room was 303 and stunk of drainage issues we gagged when we walked in . I'm not a perfectionist but the bed sheets were so creased I would have suggested ironing them or at least hang them out a bit as really looked a mess. A modern hotel , nice looking, small rooms but nice enough. Curtain wouldn't pull all the way across our window so we were up early with the sunshine. Got the room on lastminute.com and paid £80.00 per room which I do think was very expensive for what it was but fortunately did not spend too much time in room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thanks for the review, but I wish you had let us know about any issues during your stay so that we could have resolved them. As you will see from other reviewers we generally get great feedback. Glad to hear that our location worked for you. Kind regards Javeed Anwar
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Me and my wife travelled down from east lothian and had a pleasant overnight stay. Lovely cosy room with a comfy bed, and a cracking view of the castle keep and the Tyne bridge. Perfect location for the city centre and the station and metro as well. I'm glad we took the option of adding on the breakfast - great value buffet, and the sausages are lovely!! We shall return. Many thanks, Anne and Neil Philp, wallyford, east lothian.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 81Neil777
GeneralManager1969, Manager at Sleeperz Hotel Newcastle, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you so much for a lovely review. Very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards Javeed Anwar
Paraparaumu, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I loved my stay here. Room was comfy, shower was powerful, bed was great. Staff friendly and helpful.

Location great.

Breakfast yummy.

Perfect situation for the station and also the city centre.

I rill be sick!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Outstanding, what more can I say but thank you so much for your review. Kind regards Javeed Anwar
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed here with my boyfriend from Fri - Mon

I am very ocd about cleanliness and would never walk on a floor in my bare feet, however, in this hotel i felt right at home. Apart from a few tea stains on the bedside table the rest of the room and hotel was extremely clean and could not fault the cleaners in anyway.

When we first entered the hotel we were asked to sign a letter and were given our room key and wifi password, the staff were very friendly & couldn't fault them in anyway. Also prior to our arrival they called me a week before to ask if everything was okay, Check in time was 2pm? i think but my bus was arriving at 8.30am, I asked if there was any chance we could check in early expecting maybe 11pm but we were allowed to check in at 9am, 5 stars to them that is what i call excellent customer service.

Although there was a train station right next to the hotel i never heard a thing and I'm a very light sleeper, The rooms are all very modern, the only think i was not to keen on is the design of the door on the toilet it is glass and see through.

After 11pm the doors get locked and you need to buzz to get into the hotel, which i think is an excellent idea as it made me feel more secure knowing that not any tom, dick or harry was walking about the corridors.

This hotel i would say is more for couples & Buisness, I would not come here with a group of friends going on a hen/ stag party, However i would come back and stay again with my boyfriend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for a 'perfect' review, it is always a pleasure to hear from satisfied guests. Come back soon. Kind regards Javeed Anwar
Maryland US
Reviewed 25 July 2014

It is bright, friendly and clean with the bonus of being a few minutes walk away from the station.
My friend stayed on the first night and it was definitely a squeeze for two of us as there is just
a leather stool and as we are in our mid 60's with back problems it wasn't ideal but the wing
chairs in the lobby are very comfortable.

The bathroom is very small, but compact with shelves for your shower products. There are other shelves but no drawers and coat hangers but no wardrobe. It is designed for a short stay.
I was on my own the second night and thought that it would be good for one person.

The staff were helpful at all times, there is a safety deposit box in the room and storage to leave
luggage in the foyer. Also the internet is free and there are newspapers in the lobby. The pre booked breakfast was good value for money. I would recommend it to friends and family visiting the area.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor. We walked the stairs most of the time but the lift is very speedy an...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for recommending us to your friends and family, so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Kind regards Javeed Anwar
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed in Sleeperz for two nights over the weekend on a boys trip away. Hotel is perfect for this kind of trip but would not consider it for a romantic break. Staff are friendly if a bit under trained. Room is clean and grand to crash in but not a space you'd hang out in. All in all it suited the purpose of the trip great. Location is excellent. didn't eat here so can't comment on that side of things. Good wifi for free was a positive.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
GeneralManager1969, Manager at Sleeperz Hotel Newcastle, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thanks for the review, it sounds like, overall you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have a great bar that you can hang out in as an alternative to your room. Kind regards Javeed Anwar