“A Great Meal Out”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Stocksfield, United Kingdom
“A Great Meal Out”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Good service, wonderful food quality and great portions. Although a pub, it puts many restaurants to shame. Our most used eating out venue!

• Visited May 2014

“My favourite local pub”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I've visited the Original Masons many times and never been disappointed with the food or the service. The choice on the menu is always excellent and the food is always fantastic. Normally I'm always too full for a pudding however I managed the masons meringue on my last visit. Oh my god - so good.... Please don't take it off the menu! The meringue was crisp on the outside and chewy in the middle!
The same friendly staff usually service us. Always polite, helpful and welcoming.... Looking forward to my next visit! X

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Been to the Masons twice in the last two weeks. First was for a large family get-to-gether, and second with my two sons. On both occasions the food was really good, and the service just exceptional. Very reasonable prices and a discount for OAP. There is another option to make your meal a 'large', or add additional vegetables......didn't need the extra veg, the side plate was great, It included cauliflower cheese...my fave. Well recommended, and must say the people who served us were just the best, so attentive....nothing was a bother.

• Visited April 2014
newcastle
“Lovely food”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I come here often and can't fault the food! It's always freshly made and hot when it comes!

The masons meringue is lovely made fresh with lots of fruit And cream!

I've never had any problems here! The staff cant do enough for you. Really nice pub and such a friendly welcome! Don't listen to the bad reviews there not a true reflection on the pub.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great bar too expensive”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I used to live local so ate here twice a week. I also drank in there 3 times a week. The food was excellent. The problem was the price of food and a pint of lager going up all the time. At the last visit it was £3.20 a pint and the curry night was around £10 with a free pint?!