“Last minute meal”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Went for the tapas but had a meal instead. Loads of choice and really good food complemented but good wine and beer choices.

2  Thank sandystoneblack
There are newer reviews for Barca Gosforth

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Confused about some of the reviews - this is a great little place on the busy Gosforth High Street. Have had everything from Tapas to Sunday Lunch and always ben more than happy.

Great place to chill out with great selection of beers and wines.

Also allow well behaved dogs too!

3  Thank Back0fnapkin
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I went there once and had a lovely meal. The next time I went, it was almost empty and not serving food, the 3rd time I went, empty and no menu's. I won't bother again. I think they lose custom due to their inconsistency, that is, whether you are going to find food or not. Not very professional.

4  Thank Geordiewoman
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Went in for a bite to eat, it wasn't busy at all. Sat and looked at the menus before heading to the bar to order with menu in hand (there were also menus on the bar). Ordered the drinks first which was fine and then asked for food to which we were told they stopped serving over an hour ago.

Now, the bartender saw us sitting down, saw us looking at the menu, saw us come up to the bar with menu in hand and served us drinks before telling us the kitchen was closed.

So I then had to pay for drinks and finish them quickly in order to head to another bar/restaurant.

Absolutely terrible service and not even an apology from the bar staff. Shocking.

6  Thank Will X
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

First time in and it looks inviting and a comfy little place to chill with friends. The menu is select yet plentiful, all dishes on these sound delishes and plenty of choice.

I plumpted for the Posh Fish Finger Sandwich, after discovering they were out of Falafel :(, and my friend the Spicy Chicken Burger. We both enjoyed what we had and must say the chips were divine.

Definietly recommend.