County Hotel
Jurys Inn Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$64
  • Restaurant
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$69
  • Pool
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$99
US$80
HotelIndigo.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$97/night.

Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$93
Staybridge.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$117/night.

US$79
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$88
US$78
Trip.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$115
US$110
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$152/night.

easyHotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$27
    Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$34/night.

Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
    US$89
    US$78
    Priceline
    US$91
    US$87
    Priceline
    1,179 results
    All reviewsdirectly opposite the stationtrain stationcar parkstreet noiseexcellent locationcity centrebit datedstayed for one nightbuffet stylehotel barbars and restaurantsthistlenewcastleearplugsnightlifehairdryerarena
    Reviewed 1 September 2011

This was booked well in advance and was half it's normal room rate.
    I'm glad although I would defiantly stay again it was nothing speacial.
    Clean, enough space in the room and nicely decorated if I'd paid full price I would be disappointed.
    The huge bonus here is the location opposite the train station and on the city centre.
    I did not eat here so am unable to comment

• Stayed: August 2011
    186338Thistle, General Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for providing feedback to fellow travellers following your recent stay with us.

I was very pleased to learn that you found the hotel to be clean and nicely decorated. We do try very hard to maintain standards within the Hotel and I am pleased that they met your expectation.

The location of the Hotel is ideal, being positioned directly opposite the entrance/exit of the train station – it is a huge advantage for our guests as there are no onward taxi fares to consider, you are in the heart of the city and it’s so handy if you have heavy cases and bags to carry.

Thank you once again for your review and I do hope that you will consider staying with us again should you return to Newcastle.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 31 August 2011

Stayed in a suite on the top floor. Room was spacious with a very big TV but looked a bit tired. Prices are tiny beat steep but was okay. Staff were polite and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking time to provide me with feedback following your recent stay with us.

I was very pleased to learn that you found your room to be spacious and you liked the facility of the large TV’s. I was also pleased to learn that you found the team to be polite and helpful. Thank you for your kind comments.

We have recently upgraded all of our bedrooms in the Hotel, including the addition of 10 executive rooms and a junior suite – all of which have been refurbished in modern tones and dark wood and offer the larger rooms within the Hotel, many with original features such as large windows, high ceilings or corner features such as those in the junior suite. I am sorry that the decoration was not to your taste.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again should you return to Newcastle in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 August 2011

Having passed the Thistle County Hotel on nearly a daily basis, this is the first time I have stayed in this hotel.

The hotel is in a fantastic location, being directly opposite Newcastle Central Station only minutes from many bars, restaurants and most nightlife areas. It is also only a 5 minute walk to the main shopping areas of Eldon Square and Northumberland Street.

All staff throughout my visit were very welcoming and friendly and the hotel is very well appointed with most areas looking newly renovated (or very well looked after). The rooms are nice, with all the amenities you require, however some rooms, like the one I stayed in were on the small side. This is not a complaint as you are made well aware of this during the booking process, however for some, the smaller double rooms would not be suitable.

The hotel's own bar 'rendevous', is a nice quiet bar in which the drinks are reasonably priced. Staff are very friendly. The hotel offers a buffet breakfast, which I would say is worth the additional supplement. I would advise booking this advance to receive a further discount.

During my stay I found numerous groups using this hotel this included bus tours, couples and families. Although the hotel was busy, this did not impact the service I received and staff seemed to manage the demand very well.

I would recommend this hotel to family and friends, given its location within the city and the standard of service I received and the value for money.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
    3  Thank limerickonline
    186338Thistle, General Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2011

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for supplying feedback to fellow travellers regarding your stay with us at the County Hotel by Thistle.

The location of our hotel is second to none. As you have mentioned we are directly opposite the Central Station and literally a few minutes walk from all of the sights and sounds of Newcastle – great benefit as there are no add on taxi fares.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff and the standard of facilities offered within the hotel. We have recently invested money into upgrading the public areas and bedrooms and this is being received very well by our guests.

I am delighted to learn that you have had an enjoyable time staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the County in the near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

I have stayed here at several occasions and if you are lucky you will get a decent sized room, if not you could end up with a very small one. The location is excellent, especially if you are going to/from Newcastle by train. The hotel is just across the train station.

The hotel can be very busy during weekends, with both stag and hen parties. You will also hear a lot of noise from the streets since there are plenty of night clubs just around. We didn't have a big problem with this so didn't mind.

The breakfast is very good, fresh and solid and the staff is very friendly. Look out for promotion deals they do every now and then and you could get very good value for money. We will most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking time to supply me with feedback following your recent stay with us.

I was very pleased to learn that you are a regular visitor to the County and we thank you for your continued custom.

Please accept my apologies if you had a disturbed sleep due to some of the external noise. Being located in the heart of the city has its advantages but can also attract typical city noise which is evident in all major cities across the UK.

I am pleased that you took advantage of our breakfast promotion when you checked in and found it to be of good value.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the County in the very near future.

Reviewed 4 August 2011

I stayed at the County for 2 nights on business, first impressions are that this is a premium hotel, nice decor and everything looks good. The rooms however don't follow this, my room was small and cramped with the bathroom being old and tired looking. I was in room 430 which looks over a busy road, unfortunately the sash windows would not completely shut (even though I hung from them), and the secondary glazing did nothing to muffle the persistant shouts and screams from the road below which carried on until 3-4am.
    If you are looking to use the gym at this hotel, please be aware that this is offfsite and closed on Sundays!?
    I don't think I'll be back, even though it is in a great location for the station.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us at the County by Thistle, Newcastle

I was very sorry to learn that you had a disappointing stay with us and I have personally investigated the comments raised. Please accept my apologies that the facilities fell short of your expectation on this occasion. I am certain that if the management team had been made aware of your dissatisfaction at the time they would have tried their hardest to relocate you to a room more suited to your needs.

Once again, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused and I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again should you return to Newcastle.