Myself and my boyfriend recently stayed here just for one night on Sunday December the 1st and were extremely disapointed. We had stayed at the Marriot in Gosforth the night before which was £40 more but the standards between the two hotels were miles apart! The room we stayed in (406) was so uncomfortable as the heating was on full blast and aparently nothing could be done but us move rooms, which we didn't want to do as it was a lot of effort moving all of our stuff and by the sounds of the explanation given all the rooms would be equally as hot. The toilet was also leaking meaning a lot of constant noise throughout the night and not much sleep! Also as our room was facing the train station there was constant disturbance from outside too.
Will not be staying here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across from Grand Central Station, the County Hotel is perfect for shopping, sporting and cultural events, and visiting the world-famous Hadrian's Wall. A magnificent Grade II Listed Victorian, the hotel is the ideal base for shopping, concerts and other cultural events, with attractions from Roman remains to the legendary St James' Park within a short drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your County Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- County Hotel, Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- County Hotel By Thistle Newcastle
- County Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne