Lovely hotel, no problems on check in, rooms spacious and spotless, my room was on third floor and had extra sound proof window.
No problems with noise.
Hotel has restaurant, bar etc a bit pricey but nice.
Location direct across from train station and only few minutes walk from city centre pubs, restaurants and st James football stadium.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across from Grand Central Station, the County Hotel is perfect for shopping, sporting and cultural events, and visiting the world-famous Hadrian's Wall. A magnificent Grade II Listed Victorian, the hotel is the ideal base for shopping, concerts and other cultural events, with attractions from Roman remains to the legendary St James' Park within a short drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Lastminute, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Superbreak UK, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your County Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- County Hotel, Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- County Hotel By Thistle Newcastle
- County Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne