Let me start by saying that my friend is in a wheelchair and the hotel only lost a star due to the accessibility restrictions. Access via the ramp is at the back through the designated smoking area and the accessible room had a very noisy heating system.
However the staff in particular Jess were fantastic friendly and couldn't do enough for you.
We had a superb breakfast and evening meal and will definitely come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across from Grand Central Station, the County Hotel is perfect for shopping, sporting and cultural events, and visiting the world-famous Hadrian's Wall. A magnificent Grade II Listed Victorian, the hotel is the ideal base for shopping, concerts and other cultural events, with attractions from Roman remains to the legendary St James' Park within a short drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Superbreak UK, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your County Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- County Hotel, Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- County Hotel By Thistle Newcastle
- County Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne