The hotel staff were excellent in attitude and service. The room was clean, comfortable, and convenient. I had a problem with my booking, not the hotel's fault, which reception staff handled calmly and reassuringly. Breakfast was excellent and staff were most helpful. The only thing I would have welcomed was some help with my luggage. I had to haul some heavy luggage to reception up several stairs. I had to repeat the lifting up two short flights of steps to my second floor room. I'm in my 70s so some assistance would have been appreciated. Good value in this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across from Grand Central Station, the County Hotel is perfect for shopping, sporting and cultural events, and visiting the world-famous Hadrian's Wall. A magnificent Grade II Listed Victorian, the hotel is the ideal base for shopping, concerts and other cultural events, with attractions from Roman remains to the legendary St James' Park within a short drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Lastminute, Booking.com, Superbreak UK, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your County Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- County Hotel, Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- County Hotel By Thistle Newcastle
- County Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne