County Hotel
Village Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$72
Hotels.com
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$103
US$100
  • Breakfast included
US$96
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$104
US$88
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$251
US$141
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Novotel Newcastle Airport(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$65
  • Pool
Jesmond Dene House(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$124
US$120
US$95
US$90
Priceline
  • Restaurant
easyHotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$52
Official Hotel Site
    1,165 results
    All reviewsdirectly opposite the stationtrain stationcar parkstreet noiseexcellent locationcity centrebit datedstayed for one nightbuffet stylehotel barbars and restaurantsthistlenewcastleearplugsnightlifehairdryerarena
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on business for one night. Check in was busy so I had to wait for a while. I had a small double room which was plenty big enough for one person for a single night but I think it would be a squeeze for two people or longer stays. The decor is a bit dated but the room had everything I needed and was fairly clean. The hotel has free WiFi which was useful. I didn't eat in the hotel on this occasion as I opted to try one of the many restaurants in the town centre nearby. I was woken up by someone repeatedly slamming a door in the corridor. Not the hotels fault I know but the room doors could be more soundproofed as the bed is right by the door. Breakfast was fine, a good selection of continental and cooked. The location of the hotel is ideal, close to the town centre and you couldn't get any closer to the main station. All in all a decent hotel for a short stop off when travelling by train.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
    1  Thank Kerry P
    GeneralManagerNCL, Guest Relations Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback following your recent stay with us in Thistle Newcastle, The County.

I was pleased to note that you found your room to be of a high standard of cleanliness and was well equipped with everything you needed for a comfortable stay. Our small double rooms are great as a base whilst exploring this city and I was pleased to read that you found the room to be big enough for your stay.

I was delighted to read that you made use of the complimentary Wi-Fi during your stay and that you found our location to be convenient and the breakfast to be good. Our excellent breakfast offering has proven to be very popular with our guests and we regularly receive great feedback about it.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Thistle Newcastle, The County in the near future.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed overnight whilst on business. My small double room was just that, with the TV perched over the end of my bed. However, the hotel itself was very nice, the breakfast was very good and the staff were very polite. The location of the County is ideal, being opposite the central rail station, with the Metro station just around the corner and the City centre very close by.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
    1  Thank DaveW321
    GeneralManagerNCL, Guest Relations Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the breakfast to be good and the team to be friendly and helpful. It is great to read that you found our location to be convenient with excellent transport links.

The County was built in the late 1800’s and as such, our rooms do vary in shape and size from compact and cosy small double rooms to large and lofty executive double rooms. Our small double rooms are perfect as a base whilst exploring the city as they are some of the smallest in the property. Should you be looking for a room with more space, our standard double rooms may be better suited to your needs. On your next visit to Newcastle, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the team direct who I am confident would be able to find the perfect room to suit your requirements.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I spent a night at the Thistle in May when I went to Newcastle for work. Enjoyed my stay. The room was good, staff were very helpful and the buffet breakfast was delicious. Will definitely visit again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
    1  Thank S_Z78

Dear Reviewer,

Here at The County, we take all customer feedback seriously and are very grateful for positive reviews such as this one. Thank you for your kind comments relating to the team and our breakfast offering. Please be assured that your review will be communicated to the team who I am confident will be delighted to read it.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Thistle Newcastle, The County in the near future.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

After a long day on the road, we enjoyed great service and good rooms. The location is good for walking into town as well. Breakfast was well done and served promptly too. If you're looking for a nice place for dinner and don't want to eat in, ask the people at the reception desk!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
    1  Thank Michael C

Dear Reviewer,

It was great to note that after a long journey, the team here were accommodating and you experienced the great service we work so hard to deliver. I have to agree with you, we are in an excellent location for exploring our wonderful city and seeing all that Newcastle has to offer. Being in short walking distance of the main shopping area and Newcastle’s extensive array of bars and restaurants is a great advantage for our guests.

Thank you for your kind comments about our breakfast offering. We regularly receive excellent feedback about our breakfast for the high quality of ingredients delivered with exceptional service.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Sunday lunch on a living social deal, excellent service, gorgeous food, coffee how it should taste and a wonderful pianist in the background , room was very airy and spacious ,10 out of 10 . You won't be disappointed , we will definately go back :)

Stayed: June 2014
    1  Thank Christine S
    GeneralManagerNCL, Guest Relations Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback following your recent visit to us at Thistle Newcastle, The County.

I was delighted to read such a positive review of our Sunday Lunch. It is great to note that you found both the food and the service to be of a very high standard. The team here at The County all work very hard to ensure our guests have an enjoyable dining experience and would wish to return. Receiving such positive feedback is always great to read and I will personally ensure your kind comments are communicated to kitchen and food and beverage teams who I am sure will be delighted to read them!

Once again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to Thistle Newcastle, The County in the near future.