Our room was very comfortable, quite spacious. We had two large beds. There was plenty of room in the en-suite to keep toiletries and cosmetics. The shower was good, unusual for an over the bath one. The mattress and pillows were very comfortable.
All the staff including the waitresses, the chefs, and the manager were unfailingly cheerful, pleasant and helpful as well as professional. Nothing was too much trouble for them.
We stayed three nights and had breakfast and dinner every day and never had a bad meal. I was very happy with the food and the service. We were on a coach tour and they coped with serving all the party very efficiently each time. We used the hotel as a base for touring the area, so we did not spend time exploring the area around the hotel or the City, but I would like to come back to do so and would stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across from Grand Central Station, the County Hotel is perfect for shopping, sporting and cultural events, and visiting the world-famous Hadrian's Wall. A magnificent Grade II Listed Victorian, the hotel is the ideal base for shopping, concerts and other cultural events, with attractions from Roman remains to the legendary St James' Park within a short drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Lastminute, Expedia, Superbreak UK, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your County Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- County Hotel, Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- County Hotel By Thistle Newcastle
- County Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne