Hotel Indigo Newcastle
US$79
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$63
  • Restaurant
Hotel du Vin & Bistro Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$126
  • Restaurant
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$93
  • Breakfast included
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$67
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$114
US$110
Agoda.com
US$88
US$73
Sandman Newcastle
  • Restaurant
easyHotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$34
    US$86
    Priceline
    • Restaurant
    Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
    US$61
    Priceline
    2,416 results
    All reviewsthe marco pierre white restaurantcomplimentary mini barbalcony roomaveda toiletriesmpw restaurantassembly roomskit katrainfall showercity centrecar parkbottle of proseccolovely hoteltrain stationfront of housereception staffsaturday nightwalk in shower
    Reviewed 13 June 2012

I stayed in the Hotel Indigo a few days after it had opened, and I am very impressed by the level of service that I received from the staff, as well as the beautiful hotel.

As I was flying in and had luggage which I didn't want to lug around Newcastle, I had emailed a few days prior to arrange an early check in. This was no problem at all, and when I arrived in the hotel at 11:00 my room was ready for me, which was much appreciated.

Understandably with a new hotel there will always be a few technical issues that need ironing out. In this instance, it was the Wi-Fi access which did not work in the room despite it being promised throughout the hotel. There was minor confusion as the staff tried to work out why there was a Wi-Fi signal in the corridors, but not in my room.
    Mark, the Front Office Manager was superb. He tried everything and did not rest until I had a signal. A credit to the Hotel. In the end, I was given a complementary upgrade to one of their executive rooms where the Wi-Fi was working. The upgrade came with a complementary mini-bar, and a balcony which overlooked the Georgian assembly rooms.

The location is fantastic. Situated just in front of the Central Metro station, and only a few minutes walk up the hill to the Theatre Royal, you can't really ask for more. Despite being so centrally located, the noise from the street was minimal.

The rooms are modern, comfortable and very stylish. I would have preferred a bath in the room, however the shower was huge and the towels lovely and fluffy. The rooms also come with a media hub at the desk where you can plug all sorts of devices into the wall for charging, which I thought was a nice touch.

Above all, it was the genuine caring attitude of the staff which stood out for me. The receptionist (on the morning of the 6th), the friendly bouncer, Mark and the night staff (6th & 7th June).

Highly recommended. I would definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo

Hi Amosquitobite

WOW...What can we say, thank you so much for your review.

We are delighted that you visited Hotel Indigo Newcastle and were one of the first guests to stay in one of our boutique bedrooms.

I do remember you well and finally fixed that Wi-Fi problem. The Theatre Royal is an iconic building in Newcastle City Centre, just around the corner from the hotel.

We strive to provide a great hotel, guests love and it is clear from your review that you had a great experience with us, whilst visiting some of the attractions in our neighbourhood.

We cannot wait to welcome you back to Hotel Indigo Newcastle in the near future. Laura and Amy in our reservations department will be delighted to make a reservation from you, if you contact the hotel direct.

Thank you once again for your kind comments.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

Visited here on Monday evening as a party of 5, the staff were so attentive and welcoming without being over the top.

We were served drinks in the bar and then escorted to our table. Plenty of time given to all to peruse the menu and then order. The food was beautiful and everyone in the party were delighted with their meal.

The ambience of the restaurant was modern and most comfortable as good as any hotel restaurant I have visited. I would imagine the hotel rooms would all be decorated to the same high standard.

On leavig the hotel approx. 2 hours later the farewell was as genuine as the welcome, even the reception staff were friendly and we had only visited the restaurant.

We will definately return as we were so impressed.

Well done MPW and team.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
    2  Thank DEK196

Hi DEK196

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your feedback and share your experience with others.

We are delighted that you had a great experience in our restaurant. Our Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar and Grill has proven to be a big hit in Newcastle City Centre.

Why not stay overnight the next time and enjoy our spa inspired showers and views from the balconies....contact Laura or Amy in our reservations office who will be able to make your reservation.

Here at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar and Grill, we are all about providing an affordable and glamorous experience, so why not pop back for afternoon tea, lunch or dinner very soon.

It would be great to see you again.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

If you are looking for a first class hotel where you are treated like family, showered with luxuries, and can dine in style then rest assured, you need look no further.
    This hotel is class from the minute you arrive at the front desk to be met by the attentive and knowledgable staff, until you reluctantly leave the next day after a delicious breakfast.
    What happens inbetween can only be described as the ultimate hotel experience.

The rooms are beautifully decorated to an excellent standard. The beds are the comfiest around, and the only problem will be forcing yourself to get up the next morning.
    The TV has every conceivable channel going, so you are never going to be short of something to watch.

This hotel has really thought about the practicalities of the business and leisure traveller and designed the rooms accordingly.

The safe is at a sensible height so unlike other hotels you are not breaking your back trying to get you valuables in and out.

Its late at night, your thirsty and peckish, and you don't want to spend a fortune on the mini bar .. not to worrry, your mini bar is fully stocked (every night) and every item is the same price .. NOTHING !!!!

The bathroom houses the most wonderful rainshower, complimented by the beautiful Avida toiletries. There are also plenty of towels, so there is no issue drying off either.

If your wanting something to eat, then fear not, as the excellent Marco Pierre White Restaurant is waiting downstairs, the only problem here resisting the temptation of the delicious Eton Mess and Trifle Wally Lad !!

Having stayed at the Wonderful Hotel Indigo in Liverpool (owned by the same company) I had hoped that the Newcastle hotel would live up to their high standards. It doesn't !! It beats them!!!

I am a Platinum Priority Club Member, and have stayed at over 60 IHG properties over the past couple of years in the UK, and this property is without doubt the BEST. It certainly puts some of its local rivals to shame (especially the very poor Holiday Inn Jesmond).

A top quality product, only improved by the exceptional staff that work here.

Highly Reccomended, and rest assured I have VERY High Standards.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Hi Nbcdreamer

Thank you so much for your lovely comments you have shared with us and other business travellers on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted that you stayed with us at Hotel Indigo Newcastle. I have passed on your comments to our team and you have certainly put a smile on all of their faces.

As you were one of the first guests to stay at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, you were also likely to have been the first person to sleep in the bed for the first time...very exciting and part of our history.

Why not get in touch with Laura or Amy in our reservations office to make your next reservation and explore our Neighbourhood and hotel further.

We can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Stayed at hotel indigo at the weekend and I must say it was the best hotel I've stayed in. I don't normally use this website but when speaking with reception I thought its the least I could do. I was met at the door, helped up to my room, had a good giggle with the staff on the front desk. They are so friendly you forget the purpose of being there.

Mark fixed my television, he was such a laugh and down to earth. Breakfast on the morning was nice, some of the staff I felt were half asleep...but so would I if I was on early.

Overall great experience, complimentary wine in the mini bar is always a bonus. I'll be back very soon. The orange burn cocktail was amazing also so I'll be back even if it's just for one of those.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Hi JackieC727

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a positive Tripadvisor review.

We are delighted that you had a great experience whilst staying with us and we can't wait to see you again very soon.

I remember fixing your television and I also remember having a giggle whilst doing this. You were two fantastic ladies and I hope we get to see you again very soon.

Why not contact either Laura or Amy direct in our reservations office to book your next stay with us.

Thanks once again.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed at Hotel Indigo on it's official "opening day" and we were not dissapointed.
    The hotel is modern, stylish and right in the heart of Newcastle City Centre.

We stayed in a double balcony room and the room was fabulous. Great decoration, a large comfortable bed and everything you could possibly need from shower gel to a hairdryer. The balcony was a good size with some nice patio furniture, this would have been perfect to sit out on had it been a sunny day. Best part of the rooms is the complimentary mini bar stocked with wine, beer and snacks. Perfect for taking onto the balcony before getting ready for a night out. Another great point is that the tv can be played in the bathroom so you can listen to the music channels whilst in the shower.

Breakfast was included as part of our package, this was in the main restaurant in the lobby and was buffet style. Good quality food with a good selection in nice surroundings.

Staff were very friendly, professional and helpful. You could tell they were all geniunely excited for the hotel's opening.

My only negative point would be the parking. It is £12 to park overnight which even by city centre standards is expensive and the car park is not overly secure. However if you are travelling by train, central station is a two minute walk away and this would not be an issue.

I would certainly reccomend this hotel to anyone staying in Newcastle.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank luxurybackpacker7

Hi Luxurybackpacker7

Thank you so much for providing us with your feedback.

We are delighted that you stayed at Hotel Indigo Newcastle and I must say....you were one of the first guests to sleep in one of our balcony rooms....I really hope you admired the view and architecture from the rooftops, overlooking Newcastle City Centre.

I have passed on your comments to all of the team at Hotel Indigo Newcastle and you have put a smile on each face....we thank you again.

The car parking tariff has been set on the competitors within Newcastle City Centre and now has full CCTV coverage and barriers are to be installed in the next couple of days for that extra security.

Why not contact Laura or Amy direct in our reservations office to reserve another balcony room for your next visit to Newcastle; we would love to see you again.