“The best in Central Newcastle”

Hotel Indigo Newcastle
London, United Kingdom
“The best in Central Newcastle”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

This is one of the best hotels in Newcastle. I travel a lot on business and stayed at many hotels in the area. This one is the best value for money.

Location: It is located 5 minutes away from the central station and Metro.

Food: The hotel it self provides good breakfast and dinner. If you are not into hotel food try the restaurants around the hotel. There are so many.

Staff: The hotel's staff is always polite and available to serve.

Room: Clean and modern with free wireless internet access. The bathroom is contemporary style with rainforest style shower.

Verdict: I do a lot of business in Newcastle until September. For that reason I have already booked accommodation until end of that month. Indigo hotel is definitely is the best hotel in Central Newcastle.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Hi Harrold S,
Thanks a lot for your great review! It is an absolute pleasure having you stay with us :)

Front of House Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Me and my partner stayed here on recommendation from one of our friends and I must say that we was not disappointed. A bit pricey, but you get everything with the money - room excellent and especially the service. We decided to try the restaurant and although fully booked, the hostess tried her very best to get us a table, which was greatly appreciated. The ambience was calm and perfect, the food was divine and to top it off, the service that we received from Nathan who was our server was outstanding. Very attentive and polite. Overall, an excellent stay and will definitely come back :)

• Stayed March 2013
Hi Fino89,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments, come and join us on Facebook to find out more about our special events.

Plymouth
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I've stayed in about 8 hotels in Newcastle & haven't been very impressed with any of them so I thought I would give this one a go. Arrived in thick snow, it was very cold. Nice welcome in reception. Opened the door to my room and was hit by a wall of cold air. Hmm, air con obviously hadn't been put on so I hiked it up a bit and went out for something to eat. When I returned after about an hour, walked into a freezing cold room again. Rang reception and a very nice young chap came almost immediately and said that the settings were wrong. After fiddling he said it would get better and I should increase the temperature gradually. Sat in the room for about an hour. Got a chair and stood by the vent but hardly anything coming out let alone any heat. Housekeeping came to fill the fridge and as soon as I opened the door she said 'Good grief, it's cold in here". Onto the phone again and another nice chap, Mark, came up. He was lovely and said he would try to find me another room but wanted to make sure it was warm first. After a little while I moved to another room after Mark made sure I didn't need any help. Lovely & warm in this room. Later on, Mark sent some vouchers for a drink in the bar due to the inconvenience. This was a lovely gesture and it wasn't expected as the problem was dealt with promptly, professionally & without any quibbles. When I walked into the hotel the second night, Mark was in reception and greeted me and made a point of making sure the room was warm now. As for the actual hotel, rooms were great. Bathroom clean and bright, great toiletries and lovely thick, big towels. So many hotels provide thin tiny towels. Nice big rain shower. Proper hairdryer not a tinny one strapped to the wall. Nice fridge which was filled every day with water, soft drinks, crisps and kitkats. The breakfast was great and the poached eggs were probably the best I have had in a hotel. Also the service was impeccable. They certainly know how to treat their guests at the Indigo. Forget any other hotel in Newcastle, this is the one to stay at!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank tngm
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this review, 17 March 2013
Hi tngm,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments. It’s great that you were happy with the lovely warm room I moved you to. Thank you again for recommending us and I would love to see you again.

London, England
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed in Newcastle for three nights for a meeting connected with my wife's business.

This hotel is quite literally only 3 minutes walk from the train station on the edge of the Graingertown area. It is ideally located for shopping, for the football or for visiting the pubs, restaurants and clubs of Newcastle.

Our first impressions were very favourable. A light, stylish reception area with helpful and knowledgable staff in colourful uniforms. After just a few minutes, we were on our way to our rooms.

We had a room on the first floor at the back looking out on the car park. Other colleagues had rooms on the road side but they found those to be noisy due to the clientelle from the nearby club. So our recommendation as a result would be to ask for a room on the car park side.

The room was fantastic. The bathroom was very good with a wet room style shower instead of one of those shower over a bath things which I never find pleasing. It has a fixed rainfall shower head as well as a hand-held shower head. While I liked the bathroom, the only two faults I had with the hotel room were in here. A towel rail was slightly loose and the shaving mirror was loose and therefore totally useless for shaving with. Come on, fix these. Room 109, they need fixing!

The remainder of the room was excellent. A lovely, large, comfortable bed. Plenty of space in the wardrobe both for hanging clothes and drawer space for smalls. There was a room safe and a mini bar stocked with gratis soft drinks, water and snacks.. The TV was excellent and there was even an iPod docking station. Oh, and did I mention the free wifi. I'll say that again. FREE WIFI!

The thing that frustrates me most on trips away from home is the ridiculous charges for wifi yet his inexpensive chain has wifi included in the price. This is the future but it is here right now.

We only ate breakfast in the hotel. All our other meals were taken out as Newcastle is blessed with a great choice of eateries. Each day we had a fantastic full english breakfast served at our table.

We know we want to return to Newcastle and we know that when we do, we will stay in Hotel Indigo.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the car park side of the building.
Hi metroace,

Thanks a million for your great feedback! We will surely pass your comments on to our Maintenance department for review. We love the fact that you have already chosen us as your destination on your next stay in Newcastle.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I stayed here for 12 days and loved it. Rooms are so comfortable, hotel is pristine. However, were the indigo tops the lot is it's customer care. The staff are first class in this all important area, the best I've come across ! Jenny, Rachel, Sian and Elisha on reception are fantastic.

Breakfast is a joy. What attentive staff and what a breakfast too, the chef doing breakfast set me up each day.

Indigo as a brand has got it sorted. I've stayed in the Glasgow hotel, it to is fantastic. Hotel Indigo Newcastle I shall be back. Do yourself a favour. If you need a hotel in the to on, make sure it,s the Indigo. Well done to the team there. Your hard work is very much appreciated. Take a bow guys!

Room Tip: Go for a balcony room on the 4th floor. 433 is my favourite.
Hi celticjoe_12,

**takes a bow** You’re very welcome indeed :)

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I stay in many hotels with my job (at all IHG brands) and this is by far the best place I've ever stayed in!

Check in was friendly and welcoming, my room was beautiful and the staff were all very efficient. The room service menu was a little limited for me (I'm not a fussy eater, there are just lots of different foods that I don't like!) but I had a lovely chicken dish and the most delicious pea and ham soup.

I didn't want to leave this morning, I was in two minds as to whether I should barricade myself in my room or not, but alas I had to go to work. I shall definitely be back though, and next time I shall have those yummy looking pancakes for brekkie!

Hi wemster,
So sorry to hear that you had to go to work instead of having a well-earned snooze in your lovely warm bed ;) Thank you very much for your lovely comments, we would love to see you again soon.

Yarm, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Stayed here for a night as a little valentines getaway, I had tickets for Girls Aloud so thought we'd make a weekend of it. I didn't really know what to expect but from the moment we arrived we felt really welcome, nothing was a problem for the staff! The hotel is really modern, really stylish but very homely at the same time. We got an early train to Newcastle so we could have a look around the shops for the day, the hotel is 5 mins walk from the station and the staff were quite happy to put our suitcase in the back before check in so that we could pop into town for a few hours. When we checked in, we were given a corner room so we had fabulous glass walls all around us and THE comfiest bed, so high we had to literally climb into bed - lush!! Free minibar, larger for the boyfriend and wine for me, with chocolate and crisps which was a nice touch. It was nice to have breakfast served until 10:30, we had a nice lie in after quite a late night. Breakfast was lovely, self service, as much as you can eat. Big full english, cereal, fruit and some lovely pastries and lots of fruit juice. We filled ourselves up so much we didn't need any lunch and had just a snack for tea! Just what a good breakfast should do! Again, the hotel were happy to keep our bags there for the day whilst we had a look around Newcastle. In a brilliant location - literally round the corner from The Gate and up the road from Eldon Square. Made even more special by a big bunch of flowers and some chocolates waiting in the room too, such a lovely surprise. We'll definitely be back!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katie W
Katie W,

Thank you very much for writing such an amazing comment about our lovely hotel! It makes me so proud to read feedback like this :)